Breaking out the nice silverware service, pitchers or trays can really elevate the mood regardless of the occasion at your place. Remember, tarnish isn’t going to impress anyone, it can be a big downer. It is important for the silver pieces to shine prior to the arrival of guests. It may happen that you may not have a drop of polish in your house, but you don’t need to worry!
We are listing a few tips on cleaning silverware using household items. These tips are from move out cleaning Overland Park service providers.
Toothpaste for Cleaning Silverware
You’ll Need– Toothpaste (use paste, not gel), microfiber cloth, a soft toothbrush and warm water.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, rub toothpaste onto the tarnished silver, see to it that the toothpaste does not scratch the silver.
- Clean detailed areas of silverware gently with a toothbrush instead of the cloth. Do not scrub as your silver pieces might get damaged.
- Rinse the silver under warm water until none of the toothpaste remains.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe the items dry.
Clean Silver with Baking Soda
You’ll Need- Baking soda, water, bowl, microfiber cloths and a soft toothbrush.
- Mix equal three parts baking soda to one-part water in a bowl and stir until you have a paste.
- After dipping your microfiber cloth into the paste, delicately rub the mixture onto your silver pieces. Be gentle.
- Using toothbrush, lightly clean any engraving or fine details. Do not scrub.
- Remove baking soda residue from silver pieces by rinsing them under running water.
- Dry your silverware with a clean microfiber cloth.
Vinegar and Baking Soda for Cleaning Silverware
You’ll Need- Aluminum foil, a glass baking dish, 1-2 cups of boiling water, ½ cup of distilled white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of sea salt and a dry microfiber cloth.
- First and foremost, line your baking dish with aluminum foil with the shinier side facing up.
- Sprinkle the mixture of baking soda and sea salt into the dish.
- Pour the vinegar into the dish which will lead to fizz because of the reaction between baking soda and vinegar.
- Add the boiling water and place your silverware along the bottom of the baking dish.
- Let the silver soak and the timing depends on how light or heavy the tarnish is.
- With the help of tongs, remove silverware and dry them with a microfiber cloth.
You need to be very much careful if your silver pieces are very fragile and valuable. You should consider having them professionally cleaned in such a scenario.
For professional house cleaning services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience.