Living in a small apartment or house can become really difficult especially when it comes to finding a place for everything you need. Your home can become very claustrophobic without proper small space organization. But a few tips and storage solutions for small apartments can really help you to breathe easy and enjoy the cozy feel of your house.
Here’s a lowdown on a few guidelines from professional cleaning services in Overland Park for organization and storage for small spaces.
Get Organized– Clutter is the worst enemy if the space is minimal and it can build up quickly. All you need is some stellar organization ideas for small spaces to get started with. You need to do some purging prior to starting with getting your place in order.
Just get rid of everything that you don’t need or use anymore by going through closets, cupboards and drawers. Donate clothes that have been there in your closet for more than five years. Any box that has been filled with random papers and old hair ties that’s been sitting under your desk since you moved- go through it and toss everything that you don’t need. Throw off the broken wine key that’s been hanging out in your silverware drawer for more than three months.
Make use of the Nooks and Crannies– When it comes to storage for small spaces, it is important that you reclaim every lost inch which mostly include the often neglected space of nooks and crannies. A few organization ideas that can get you started include:
- Install shelves over doorframes to hold plants or books
- Hang a multi-tiered basket over your kitchen sink in order to hold fruits and vegetables
- Invest in corner bookshelves to make use of the corners, you can also hang floating shelves
- To display photos or as makeshift bookshelves, use non-working fireplaces
Make use of Vertical Space– You need to capitalize on every inch of wall space you can when you live in a small home or apartment. A few ways to make use of the vertical space include:
- Hang knives on magnetic strips.
- In order to hold necklaces and scarves, use nails or adhesive hooks.
- Install floating shelves around the tops of rooms to hold books, knickknacks or storage baskets
- Fasten magnetic spice holders to the side of your refrigerator
- To hang pots and pans or coats and accessories, use towel racks with sliding hooks.
- Attach hanging shoe organizers over the back of closet doors to corral footwear, jewelry, cleaning supplies and styling products
Put your Furnishings to Work– When you live in close quarters, you shouldn’t waste a single square foot so the best thing to do in this regards is put your furnishings to work. The good thing is that there are many different types of furniture that can easily function as storage solutions for small apartments which include:
- Beds with drawers for stashing off-season clothing or extra pillows
- Beds on risers which allow storage bins to slide neatly underneath
- Old chests that add a shabby chic vibe to your home and hold your crafting supplies, important papers and documents or spare electronics cables
So, take time out from your busy schedule in order to organize your house in a proper manner.
For professional house cleaning services in Overland Park, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.