School’s been out and summer is in full swing. Being a parent, it is your duty to keep your kids entertained in order to avoid hearing those dreaded words “I’m bored.”
Here’s a lowdown on a few summer activities for kids from home cleaning Overland Park services.
Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead- If you have a tight budget and looking for a cheap family-activity in Overland Park, look no further than this educational, yet fun, gem. This farm boasts nearly 200 animals and birds, veggie and flower gardens, a fishing pond, pony rides, a one-room country schoolhouse, play areas, wagon rides and more. It’s open daily from April through October 31st. It is open 9 am to 5 pm daily.
The Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens- The 300-acre Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens is an educational, recreational and cultural resource for the Kansas City region.
At the Arboretum, visitors may experience and explore:
- 13 gardens with more than 1,700 species of plants;
- Trails that traverse rocky bluffs and bottomland paths;
- 180 acres of prairie home to native grasses and wildflowers;
- Fauna, including birds, dragonflies, deer, snakes and other wildlife;
- Formal and informal educational activities.
It is open all year-round which means it enables visitors to see the beauty of all four seasons.
Toddle Time- Toddle Time is basically a program that will captivate the imagination and attention of our future generation for hours because this open play time has an array of toys, including building blocks, balls and puzzles which will also teach your child how to interact with others their age. So bring your kids ages five and under to Toddle Time at the Matt Ross Community Center (8101 Marty St., Overland Park) on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9 to 11 a.m. For information, call on 913-895-6350.
Museum at Prairiefire– It is an amazing place for kids where they can get to learn about natural history and culture. Kids will always find something new to learn and explore because there are three areas dedicated to natural science and history. There is a Discovery Room which kids are surely going to love. It is completely hands-on and takes children on a journey through different areas of science from paleontology to astronomy.
Black & Veatch MakerSpace at Central Resource Library– The events over here are designed for kids ages six through 12 but anyone is welcome. The space contains all sorts of cool equipment including a 3D printer, computers and software, a laser cutter, electronics, a recording studio and much more. Make your kid take part in a new project each week which can range from building a robot to learning to code to making a movie.
My Gym Children’s Fitness Center– My Gym has established local facilities where children learn and grow through unique and exciting activities. Children develop healthy minds and strong bodies under the guidance of trained and loving instructors in a safe and non-competitive environment. My Gym is oriented towards children between the ages of 6 weeks to 13 years.
Music House School of Music Overland Park– Step into a world of performance opportunities, group music classes, rock bands & ensembles, and a diverse catalog of free weekend music classes. There can be nothing greater than learning a new musical instrument which not only helps in learning a new skill but also relaxes the mind. Sign up your kid for music lessons and experience a modern approach to learning.
Hopefully, these summer activity tips will be beneficial for you in keeping your kids entertained.
For professional home cleaning services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We have been in the business for over 8 years.
On the eve of Mother’s Day, many moms are most likely to be getting flowers, cards and even breakfast in bed. While these gifts and gestures are likely much appreciated, flowers wilt, breakfasts get eaten and cards get lost among the artwork on the fridge. But it is advisable that you give your mom something that she could cherish forever.
On the eve of Mother’s Day and “National Clean Your Room Day (May 10)”, take advantage of this thing to give your mom the gift that keeps on giving- a clean bedroom and a routine to keep things tidy.
A few tips from home cleaning Overland Park Services include:
Clean with Kids– It is advisable that in order to celebrate “National Clean Your Home Day” and Mother’s Day, enlist the help of your kids. But in doing that, you need to get creative. The warm spring weather coupled with the fact that school will be out soon means kids’ attention spans might be fleeting. You can conduct fun cleaning games to rewards you can offer your children in exchange for help with the housekeeping.
Create a Proper Routine- Having a solid room-cleaning groove in place means you have fought half the battle. Keeping a tidy room isn’t really a difficult chore. Take a little time each day to put things in their place, and also teach your kids to do the same.
Following are a few tips on how to keep your room clean on a regular basis:
- Organize your nightstand
- Don’t leave shoes all over the bedroom, keep shoes organized in the closet
- Place a small waste bin in the corner for tissues and such. Empty this bin weekly.
- Do not place soiled clothes on the floor, instead place them in a laundry hamper.
- In your regular housekeeping routine, include dusting and vacuuming your bedroom.
- Return items like books, tablets and magazines to the areas or shelves when you are finished with them instead of letting them pile up.
- Also get rid of clothes, shoes and accessories that you don’t wear or use anymore.
- For housekeeping backup, approach professional cleaning services.
Set an Example– You, yourself need to set an example in order to teach good habits to your children. Kids are smart, so they’ll toss you a side eye if you’re saying, “Clean up your room!” while standing in the doorway of your own mess. Make sure to keep your own room clean and tidy which will help you in inculcating good habits in your children. Kids will see picking up the bedroom as something that everyone does which will encourage them to do the same.
For help with your housekeeping needs, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Trusting someone to clean your home can be a little unnerving. If this is your first time hiring a cleaning company, we want you to know that you can relax with Tidy Up Angels. Our company is fully insured and bonded; safeguarding your most personal possessions. Honesty, integrity, and good work ethics are the back bone of our company. We aim to meet all your expectations and we hope to exceed them during each service.
There are no two ways about the fact that carpet is the most popular flooring choice as it adds an air of warmth and is also very soft underfoot thus making it very comfortable to walk on. It is a very good option for allergy sufferers, as carpet fibers can hold on to allergens, reducing the amount of dust in the air. But, dirty and stained carpeting won’t improve the looks of your home, nor does it help with the resale value. All of this highlights the importance of cleaning the carpet properly.
When it comes to maintenance, every homeowner should clean the high-traffic areas once or twice a week. For areas with less use, every alternate week would suffice.
We are listing a few carpet cleaning tips from home cleaning Overland Park professionals.
For carpet cleaning, you would need two very important things- a vacuum and baking soda. Prior to vacuuming, lightly sprinkle the baking soda on your carpet which will neutralize any unpleasant odors. In addition to that, address any spills or stains as soon as they happen to prevent them from setting in and ruining your carpets.
Carpet Cleaning Tips:
There are usually four main types of carpeting in the house: Berber, nylon, olefin or wool. Prior to going ahead with cleaning the carpet, you need to know which material you’re working with. The material will help you to decide what products to use and which solutions to avoid. The two very important carpet cleaning methods are:
Cleaning with a Carpet Cleaning Machine- Go ahead and rent professional-grade carpet cleaners at any grocery or hardware store. See to it that the machine is labeled with proper user instructions. Prior to going ahead with cleaning the carpet with machine, it is necessary that you do three things:
- Be certain that the machine and product you select are safe to use on your carpeting.
- Do not forget to perform a spot test on a small inconspicuous area. It is only after complete drying that you should go for cleaning all of your carpet. A spot test will ensure that there is no discoloration or damage.
- Properly budget the time to clean your carpet and let it dry thoroughly.
Going for Professional Carpet-cleaning Service– It is better that you go for professionals if you are not certain what material the carpeting is made of. Carpet isn’t something that can be easily replaced if it’s ruined by the wrong cleaning agent. It is better that you are safe rather than having to repent later.
For professional house cleaning services contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Listening to your needs and concerns, having your best interest at heart. That is how we strive to provide you with excellent customer service. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.
Some of our services include:
- Custom House Cleaning– Designed to provide you with a more detailed level of cleaning. This service is for a cleaner home from top to bottom. Everything from blinds, baseboards, ceiling fans, floors, the works! You can customize by providing with the list of areas or articles you want to be cleaned in your house and will be charged on the basis of that.
- Put On Market Cleaning
Move in/Move Out Cleaning
Universally, children always have and always will be childish, we can put the beauty of childishness into words like innocence, curiosity, playfulness and more. The ugly underbelly of childishness is a self-focus and generally speaking selfish nature. It is the parents who should be working towards helping the kids grow out of childishness and become self-sufficient adults because childhood, howmuchever be good and sweet and full of wonderful things, it is neither good for us or our children to let them stay childish.
This article is not about parenting but a look at just one area which is “chores” that we always seem to get “pushback” from our kids. You need to explain to your kids that each person in the family has to contribute to make the house and family run smoothly. Each person has very important things to do and everything works better in the house when everyone’s work is done. As per home cleaning Overland Park experts, give your kids a time-frame, goal and optional help. Small children need only five-minute tasks while school-age children are capable of increasing times as they get older.
Small Children– It is very cute and touching when small children express interest in helping with the chores. If your small child shows interest to help you, find a chore that is easy enough for them to do and make it a regular chore. Try having your toddler search the wilds of the living room and see if they can find any bits of trash on the floor. Or, maybe putting all the pillows on the couches. You can also make them dust by putting socks on their hands or finding stray, dirty clothes and putting them in the hamper.
Grown-ups– As your child get older and the responsibilities increase, you can have them empty all the garbage into one container, dust a room in the house, take the laundry out of the washer and put into the dryer, clean their bathroom counter, and, of course, clean their room.
It is important that you start early when it comes to teaching kids how to clean up as you will find it easier to navigate those duties when they’re older.
A Cleaning Checklist For Kids:
Involving kids in chores not only saves time but they learn skills that are essential in their adult lives. In order to involve the kids and in order for them to participate in the activity, what you can do is you can create an actual house cleaning checklist in order to give clear expectations step-by-step. Through the checklist, kids will know what age appropriate expectations are and will also understand what a clean house looks like. A cleaning checklist can prove to be highly beneficial when your kids are first learning how to clean a certain room because it will provide a clear set of instructions and criteria involved in completing a certain job to your satisfaction.
Some of the other benefits include:
- It will remove you from being a part of the situation because the list (even though you wrote it) is on a piece of paper which will leave no room for the kids to argue with it.
- Secondly, all the instructions will be clear and orderly. Most kids want to succeed and do a good job for the household, but they just need to be told what to do. Kids don’t intuitively know what tool or product to use, or how to scrub something, and that is if they even see the dirt in the first place.
While creating a checklist, start off with taking a photograph of every room when it is clean and then, think of your reader and their age, and your expectations. Write down every task that you want them to accomplish in a certain room using their age as a guide with regards to how many items to include on their cleaning checklists.
You should remember that the big picture goal is their buy-in to contributing to the household. Not only will you reap the rewards of having a team of workers, but you are giving them life skills. A house cleaning checklist is a tool that can help you in getting your kids actively carry out the household chores. Do not waste time and go ahead with it.
For professional house cleaning services, approach Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. The rates are reasonable at Tidy Up Angels LLC with more areas cleaned and a consistency maintained in cleaning.
Putting your home up for sale will require major cleaning, sometimes from professional home cleaning services or a cleaning service Kansas City. But when you don’t have access to professional move in/out cleaning at the moment, there are still some things you can do on your home. Read this short checklist that tackles all the areas you can do yourself. When you have time, you may want to call the cleaners or residential post construction cleaning to handle the other parts that you couldn’t!
1. First things first: tidy up your things. Before you call professional home cleaning services or do the cleaning yourself, the prerequisite is always to tidy up. Put your home in order and throw away what needs to be discarded. This eliminates the junk from your home so you are just left with whatever really needs to be cleaned by yourself or a cleaning service Kansas City.
2. Scrub down the walls. New people entering your house for the first time will immediately notice how your walls look, which is why many get professional move in/out cleaning to make their walls as clean as possible. If you don’t have time or the budget to get the whole house repainted, at the very least scrub it down with some detergent and water to get the grime out.
3. Make your floors shine. Mopping the floor is a good thing, but what will really make it stand out is to make it shine. Some residential post construction cleaning go the extra mile by waxing and polishing the floor to make it look extra nice, especially before a home walk through.
4. Vacuum or launder the carpet. If you have a carpet, it is good for you to vacuum it thoroughly and focus on removing some stains if there are any. You don’t want people sneezing because of the dust it’s accumulated, nor do you want them to sidestep suspicious looking stains that can lower the asking price of your home!
5. Clean and clear your furniture. If you still have a lot of furniture left in your current home, by all means set it up so it looks neat and not too lived-in. If you can, put some in storage so the house is as bare as it can get. Having furniture around can give prospective homeowners an idea of how to set up your house. On the flipside, it can also prevent them from seeing the overall quality of the house or its personal potential for dressing up.
6. Wash down cabinet doors. You may not notice it, but cabinet doors can get stained over the years. A few swipes at them with some soapy water will reveal just how bright they originally were, according to professional home cleaning overland park. Go through all the cabinet doors in your house and give them a good scrub down.
These six tips will help make your home look cleaner, brighter, and deserving of an asking price that mirrors its beauty!