Nothing quite signifies summer like a Memorial Day cookout aside from school letting out. During summer, bathing suits and colorful towels make an appearance. The pool is clean. Barbecued chicken and veggie burgers sizzle on the grill- so, there cannot be anything that can go wrong. Summer cookout foods like popsicles, ice cream and watermelon can leave nasty stains, as can ketchup and mustard. In addition to that, carrying items in and out for the cookout can result in spills. As an end result, after using the grill, you are going to have to clean it.
Do not let all of these thoughts dampen your plans to host an amazing summer kickoff because we are listing a few cookout cleaning hacks that can prove to be highly beneficial for you. The tips have been provided by professionals working at house cleaning services in Overland Park.
Preparing for a Cookout– Proper preparation is the key to not letting most messes ruin your day. You would easily be able to handle dropped food and spills with grace if you have the supplies that you need on hand. A few tips to follow:
- Around your cookout area, place multiple trash cans.
- Use plastic-lined tablecloths.
- To catch melting juice, slide cupcake liners under popsicles.
- Make sure to serve clear or light-colored punches and drinks that won’t stain clothes.
- It is better that you set up a buffet-style table which will not only let guests in helping themselves but also reduce the odds of having to clean spilled drinks.
- There should be plenty of napkins around.
- You should have an emergency clean-up caddy stashed nearby containing extra paper towels, microfiber cloths, wet wipes, a stain stick and your go-to cleaner.
Ways to Remove Ketchup Stains– The major downsides of a cookout are stains. The good news is that you don’t have to don a bib or skip colorful condiments on your burger if you know how to remove ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauce.
- You will Need– a spoon; mild laundry detergent; distilled white vinegar (for light-colored clothes); cold water.
- Use your spoon to scrape off excess amounts of the offending condiment as soon as the spill happens.
- Run cold water through the back of the stain as soon as you’re able to. Be careful and do not scrub the stain, as this will work it deeper into the fibers of the material.
- To the stained area, add some laundry detergent. Gently work the detergent into the stain in a circular motion.
- Spritz a little vinegar on it to help get the condiment out, if the stained clothing is light or white in color. Before applying vinegar, rinse any detergent out of the fabric with cold water.
- Rinse all cleaning solutions from the fabric.
- Go ahead and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until the stain is no longer visible.
- Leave your cloth to air dry just in case traces of the stain are left behind.
Go ahead and enjoy hosting a party and leave the cleaning up afterward in the hands of the housekeepers at Tidy Up Angels LLC in the Overland Park area. We offer a variety of specialty services, with one of them being after-party clean up. This will enable you in focusing on having a good time. Take the stress out of after party clean up with our professional tidy up service crew. Contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.