Get the most out of your spring cleaning by using our spring cleaning checklist. Tackle every room in your house – from bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen to the living room.
- Wash Baseboards, door ceilings, window sills, doors, and walls.
- Vacuum and wash vents.
- Wash window treatments (drapes, etc.).
- Dust blinds.
- Wash Windows – inside and out
- Dust and shine overhead lights – replace burnt light bulbs.
- Dust and/or vacuum light fixtures and lamp shades.
- Clean out pantry.
- Wash kitchen cabinets.
- Deep clean oven.
- Move fridge – vacuum and mop behind it.
- Vacuum coils on fridge.
- Deep clean fridge inside – wash outside.
- Dust and wash any and all mirrors, frames, and decorative items.
- Vacuum all upholstery.
- Vacuum all lamp shades.
- Dust furniture and fixtures.
- Wash all throw pillows and blankets (use steam).
- Dust and polish furniture.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets – mop and wax if necessary.
- Wash all bedding.
- Wash all bed and throw pillows.
- Flip Mattress – if using pillow top, rotate mattress.
- Purge anything stored under bed you don’t want anymore.
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check all electronics, make sure they are plugged in, cords are untangled and everything is plugged into a surge protector.
- Check expiration date on fire extinguisher.
- Sweep front porch and back deck.
- Store all winter items, clothes, and decorations.
- Disinfect all computer keyboards and mouse – Use compressed air to remove crumbs, dust and other particulates. Use a dampened microfiber cloth and wipe the keys down. Use dry microfiber to remove any leftover moisture. Disinfectant wipes are okay to use as well.
- Clean and disinfect tub and shower.
- Wash bathmats.
- Dust and replace decorative items.
- Wash and/or replace shower liners and shower curtains.
- Discard old and expired makeup. Clean your makeup holders
- Update all your house first aid kits. Toss expired medication while sorting other medication.
- Dry clean any necessary winter clothing or items. Store all winter items for next year.
- Donate any unused clothes items to Goodwill, The Salvation Army, or other local community organizations.
Do you need more details to help you check those items off your list? We’ve got you covered. Tidy Up Angels has been providing residential cleaning service to the Overland Park area since 2008. Trusting someone to clean your home can be a little unnerving. If this is your first time hiring a cleaning company, we want you to know that you can relax with Tidy Up Angels. Our company is fully insured and bonded; safeguarding your most personal possessions. Honesty, integrity, and good work ethics are the back bone of our company. We aim to meet all your expectations and we hope to exceed them during each service. Let us know how we can help with your house cleaning services in Overland Park and how we can help you – contact Tidy Up Angels LLC at 913-642-2006.