Moving to a new home is always exciting, whether it’s your very first bachelor pad or a more spacious place for your growing family of five. Regardless, the task of cleaning before moving in is always first on the agenda. Busy folks might consider getting a Kansas City maid service and hire them for move in out & deep cleaning services. Others forgo local house cleaning KS (even with all the house cleaning deals Kansas City) and attempt to do much of the work alone. Here are some cleaning tips that you should think about when moving to a new house, whether you are hiring a Kansas City maid service or choosing to clean your new place yourself!
1. Start cleaning the week (or two weeks) before the movers bring everything in. You can already hire a Kansas City maid service to do a thorough scrub down when it is relatively easy, meaning there is little or no furniture to navigate around and get in the way of steady cleaning.
2. Always start with the kitchen. Before you or your local house cleaning KS starts on move in out cleaning services anywhere else, the kitchen should be the first area to become spotless. This is to ensure that the place where you will cook your first meal will be clean and sanitary. It may take you several days or weeks to fully unpack everything, but you will be eating several times a day in the kitchen all throughout.
3. Proceed with the areas you are not likely to clean as much when everything’s settled. We’re talking areas like inside the cupboards, walls that need to be scrubbed, baseboards and moldings, basements and attics, radiators, and garbage disposal units. Your Kansas City maid service that you got from house cleaning deals Kansas City should prioritize this. You are not likely to touch these areas once you and your local house cleaning KS have already pushed in the furniture in and around these places.
4. Add an antibacterial touch to the areas that your family will be frequently touching or putting things on. While your move in out cleaning services are busy polishing up the windows, go around the house and start wiping places with an antibacterial solution such as doorknobs, drawer and cabinet handles, countertops and surfaces, and other areas where your hands are likely to always be in contact with.
5. Have cleaning kits at the ready in each area or room of the house. When your move in cleaning overland park help you put everything in place, things can go much faster if you don’t have to walk all the way to the other end of the house just to borrow that one broom you have, or wait for your son to finish using the bucket so you can use it yourself. Having cleaning materials and tools at the ready will mean everyone (including your local house cleaning KS) can easily reach for what they need – and finish in the least amount of time!