I don’t wake up wanting to clean but I enjoy a clean house and feel so much better when things are tidy and there’s order in our home. When I don’t want to clean, I try to reframe my motivation and think about how much better I’ll feel when the kitchen is clean or the laundry is folded. I’ll also think about how much harder it will be if I put it off another day. Cleaning daily makes it easier every day AND it keeps cleaning from being overwhelming.
And one of the top questions was how to get motivated to clean or spring clean. So today I’m going to share my tips for motivation – I hope that they are helpful!
• Choose cleaning supplies that you enjoy using. Color coordinate or just choose supplies you like the look of – I find that having cute supplies does make cleaning more fun.
• Don’t put it off – get it over with and get on with your life.
• Start in the worst area first and keep going with that momentum.
• Listen to a podcast, audiobook, or your favorite music – think of it as an escape.
• Call someone and chat while you’re cleaning. Chances are you’ll enjoy the conversation more than you realize that you’re cleaning.
• Make it a game – set a timer and race yourself.
• Invite someone over – you will probably get more done in a shorter period of time.
• Reward yourself with something that motivates you when you accomplish your goal.
Tired of scrubbing and cleaning and want to be done with it – call the Tidy Up Angels and we will do your entire house cleaning. Call the Tidy Up Angels today at 913-642-2006 – or fill out our online estimator for your home: https://www.tidyupangels.com/house-cleaning/ And ask us about our whole house cleaning services in Leawood KS specials.