One should maintain a tidy home throughout the year. A routine maintenance or lighter cleaning can keep your house orderly week by week whereas a deeper, more detailed process will set you up for success the rest of the year.
Here’s a lowdown on tips from maid services in Overland Park that will ensure you are properly deep cleaning your home.
Setting a proper schedule is the key to deep cleaning the house as it isn’t a chore you can conquer one day after work, so plan accordingly. Create a list of each of the rooms you’ll need to deep clean and the tasks you’ll need to complete as you go. Give yourself several weekends to complete your deep cleaning which totally depends on the size of your home.
A proper schedule for deep cleaning the house room by room:
Weekend 1: Bedrooms
- Wipe off knickknacks, surfaces, ceiling fans and baseboards, remembering to clean behind your headboard
- Flip or rotate mattresses
- Wash bed linens, including duvets and mattress pads
- Clean under your bed
- Organize bedroom closets
- Clean window treatments
Weekend 2: Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Organize the pantry and clean the tops and insides of kitchen cabinets.
- Vacuum and wash the floor behind the fridge.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils and the vent at the bottom of the refrigerator.
- Clean and organize your refrigerator.
- Clean window treatments, sinks, the stovetop and the oven.
- Wipe down countertops, appliances and cabinet surfaces.
- Dust light fixtures and clear cobwebs out of the corners
- Clean tubs, showers, toilets and sinks
- Clean shower curtains (or replace them) and bathmats
- Wash surfaces and mirrors
- Clean window treatments
Weekend 3: Common and Outdoor Areas
Outdoor area jobs:
- Wash any outdoor furniture and decor.
- Sweep patios, porches or decks.
- Store any out-of-season decorations.
Common Area Tasks:
- Wipe down surfaces, standing lamps and cobwebbed corners
- Clean furniture and lampshades with your vacuum’s upholstery attachment
- Straighten up the room
Ways to deep cleaning the house:
Make certain that you are working from the top of the room to the bottom when you are deep cleaning your home because through that way any dust or dirt that you knock down as you clean can be vacuumed once you’ve finished in each room.
- Clean light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Toss unused or expired household items.
- Wash baseboards by moving furniture.
- Clean window treatments.
- Vacuum, mop and wash your floors based on what your floors are made of.
- Wash windows, window sills and door frames.
- Wash out trash cans.
- Change smoke detector batteries.
- Do check the expiration dates on fire extinguishers.
Each time you tackle a room, make sure to complete these chores so that you get the most out of your deep cleaning efforts. If you are thinking about going for cleaning services in the Overland Park region, Tidy Up Angels LLC is the place for you. Some of our services include custom house cleaning, put on market cleaning, move in cleaning Overland Park and move out cleaning.
Tidy Up Angels LLC conducts detailed cleaning of your home that lasts several hours during your initial cleaning visit. When it comes to knowing how to deep clean your house room by room, Tidy Up Angels LLC has you covered. Contact us to schedule your home’s deep cleaning today. For more information, call on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.