You most probably use a vacuum in your routine household cleaning but when was the last time you cleaned your vacuum itself. People forget that the household cleaning tools need maintenance themselves. Keeping the cleaning appliances in pristine condition can increase their shelf-life and result in a more thorough clean.
Here’s a list from maid services in Overland Park on how you can clean your vacuum cleaner:
The vacuum needs ample airflow to work properly which you can achieve by keeping the canisters and filters clean. You need to make sure to empty your vacuum’s canister whenever it’s halfway full. Also, make sure to clean your vacuum on a regular basis following the below-mentioned instructions:
You will Need– Dishwashing liquid, microfiber cloths, scissors and grout brush.
Easy Steps to Follow:
- Remove the canister by unplugging the vacuum cleaner.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe the inside of the canister and then wash it in the sink with warm soapy water.
- Rinse away all the soap suds.
- Let it dry completely prior to replacing it.
- Next, move on to the filter, it is important that you check your manufacturer’s instructions to determine whether the filter is washable or needs to be replaced.
- Wash your filter by removing it first and then tap it against a hard surface so that any dust is knocked out.
- Using warm water, rinse the filter under the sink tap. Do not use soap or cleaners provided your manufacturer’s instructions specifically ask you to do so.
- Keep the filter to dry overnight. It should be completely dry prior to replacement.
- Next, comes the base plate. Remove it so that you can clean the beater bar.
- Remove any debris from the beater bar using a grout brush.
- Cut any threads or hair away taking care not to damage the bristles on the bar.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe down the base plate of the vacuum. Next, wipe down the outside of the vacuum with the same microfiber cloth.
Hope, these tips will help you in keeping up your routine home maintenance.
Some of the other home cleaning supplies include:
Bedroom Cleaning Supplies– A bucket, several microfiber cloths, dishwashing liquid, vacuum cleaner with attachments, an extendable microfiber duster or ceiling fan cleaner, distilled white vinegar and a spray bottle.
Bathroom Cleaning Supplies List– distilled white vinegar, spray bottle, microfiber cloths, a plastic sandwich bag and a rubber band, an old toothbrush, a grout cleaner, toilet cleaner and brush.
Common area Cleaning Supplies– An extendable microfiber duster or ceiling fan cleaner, microfiber cloths, distilled white vinegar, a spray bottle, a bucket, dishwashing liquid and vacuum cleaner with upholstery attachment.
Kitchen Cleaning Supplies– Kitchen countertop cleaner, a spray bottle, microfiber cloths, baking soda, microfiber mop, dishwashing liquid and a bucket.
For house cleaning or maid services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
You must be having marble tils in your bathroom. As you know, marble is a gorgeous material, however, it is also high-maintenance in terms of the way it should be cleaned or taken care of. The high levels of humidity and water usage in the bathroom make it even more challenging to care for marble properly.
Here’s a list from maid services in Overland Park on how to clean a marble shower which will help you in keeping your bathroom free of grime and maintain the attractive looks of your stone.
Most people are of the notion of marble being resilient because of it being a stone. Well, it’s actually quite delicate which highlights the importance of the right cleaning products and tools to use and the ones to avoid when cleaning a marble shower on the part of individuals.
- Make sure to check your manufacturer’s care instructions to ensure you don’t void the warranty.
- Avoid using scrapers, the coarse sides of sponges or scrub brushes to clean your marble shower because the stone can be scratched very easily.
- Do not use acidic cleaners like lemon, vinegar or citrus-based soaps as they can damage the stone’s surface. Go for pH-neutral cleaners.
- It is important that you follow your manufacturer’s care instructions in terms of sealing your marble shower tiles as sealant helps protect your stone.
Rigorous Cleaning of a Marble Shower
The frequency at which you clean the marble in your bathroom totally depends on how often the shower is being used. For example, you might need to wash the tiles a couple of times a week, if you have several people showering each day. On the contrary, if your shower is only used one or two times daily, you might be able to get away with cleaning once every week or two.
Here’s a simple DIY method that can prove to be beneficial for you in cleaning a marble shower:
You will Need– a spray bottle; 1 tablespoon of mild dishwashing liquid; warm water and microfiber cloths.
- Pour the dishwashing liquid into the bottle and fill the rest with warm water.
- Mix the solution by shaking it properly.
- Spray the mixture on your shower’s marble surfaces.
- Gently rub the solution onto the shower wall especially to areas with mildew or soap scum using vertical or horizontal strokes.
- Use clean water in rinsing the soapy solution off the marble shower surfaces.
- With a fresh microfiber cloth, wipe down the shower surfaces until they are totally dry.
Cleaning a Marble Shower on a Regular Basis
Marble, anyday, makes a bathroom look and feel downright luxe. Unfortunately, it’s a stone that can be etched by hard water deposits. That means it’s important to maintain your shower surfaces on a daily basis. You should wipe down all shower tiles after each use regardless of the material which becomes all the more important for marble, since residues from soaps and body washes, as well as minerals from hard water, can damage the surface of your stone.
Keep a stack of clean microfiber towels in the bathroom in order to wipe down the shower walls on a regular basis.
Taking care of the marble shower on a regular basis will make it look beautiful thus adding an attractive look to your bathroom. But if you are time-pressed, hire professional house cleaning services.
Contact the acclaimed Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park for house cleaning services and get the best results. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience. Contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
In order for your kids to not spend their summer vacation in boredom, we are listing a few ideas for outdoor fun which can prove to be immensely fun for kids of all ages. They’re also perfect for getting your children thinking about other activities they’d like to do this summer. Our cleaning professionals at Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park has drawn up the list. We are an acclaimed maid services Overland Park provider.
Breakfast Picnic– Arrange for a breakfast picnic in your backyard or at the park.
Homemade Horseshoes– Place two sticks in the ground about 20 feet apart. Let your children use real shoes to try to hit the stick opposite where they’re standing.
Go for a “Night Walk”- You just need to wait until the sun goes down. Head out the door as a family and take a walk around your neighborhood.
Potato or Egg Race– It is a real fun-filled activity-
- Give each player a large spoon.
- Give each player a raw egg or potato.
- Have players line up at starting line.
- Have players race to the finish line, without dropping their egg or potato.
Clothesline Art Show– Points to follow include:
- String a clothesline or rope in your backyard.
- Have your children paint pictures.
- Hang their artwork on the line with clothespins.
- Invite friends and neighbors to your art show.
Catch Game– This game calls for one or two players and the idea is to throw and catch the ball according to a sequence of tasks. Once a player misses, the player also loses his or her turn thus having to start all over the next time. A few task tips:
- Throw the ball and catch it after two bounces—6 times.
- Throw the ball and touch your knees before catching it—7 times.
- Throw the ball and clap hands before you catch it—8 times.
- Throw the ball and catch it after one bounce—9 times.
- Throw the ball and catch it before it bounces—10 times.
The Volcano Experiment– Some of the materials that would be required include dirt or wet sand, small shovel or spoon, two teaspoons baking soda and white vinegar.
- Directions– Build a mound of dirt ten inches high. With a small shovel, dig a deep hole in the middle of the mound. Put two teaspoons of baking soda inside the hole and then slowly pour in vinegar and see for yourself the eruption of the volcano.
Listen to your Surroundings– This activity can take place inside or outside. This activity involves both parents and kids. Sit beside your child or back to back, and close your eyes. Concentrate on listening to all the sounds around you such as the humming of the refrigerator or a plane flying overhead or barking of a dog or ringing of a telephone. Say what you hear. Can your child identify all the sounds? Are there any soft sounds? High sounds? Take turns being very quiet and then share what sounds you can hear.
Create a Fairy House– Ask your child to build a fairy-sized house by using sticks, moss, leaves and small items from inside the house.
Hope our tips can help you in spending the summer in a great way.
For professional house cleaning or maid services in Overland Park, get in touch with Tidy Up Angels LLC. Contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Traditionally, a maid was the one who was employed in household services but the services once considered to be performed by a female maid has turned into an industry that covers both male and female employees. Professional cleaning services employ maids, janitors, carpet cleaners, etc who all work together to bring the perfect solution to all the cleaning needs of customers. There can be nothing better than going for professional house cleaning services for getting a spic and span home. If you are looking for professional house cleaning or maid service in Overland Park get in touch with Tidy Up Angels LLC for getting the desired results. Maintaining a clean house can be time-consuming so going for cleaning services can save a lot of time and effort on your part.
There are common cleaning mistakes that most people make, avoiding which can save a lot of time and effort on your part:
Working With Excess Product- Many people assume that when it comes to household cleaning, more equals better which is absolutely wrong. Using too much product can oversaturate cleaning materials, like microfiber cloths, which can leave streaks.
The fix– Do keep in mind that a little cleaning solution goes a long way in ensuring a spic and span home.
Dirty Cloth Usage– Soiled cloths or sponges won’t do you any favors, as they just spread grease and grime around surfaces, rather than removing it. It also is unhealthy.
The Fix– Make sure to work with a clean cloth. Rinse sponges or freshen cloths as needed if you’re working on large-scale housekeeping projects, like cleaning the freezer or light fixtures.
Using The Wrong Cleaning Products Or Tools- Using the incorrect cleaner or the housekeeping tool wastes a lot of time, chances are the area you’re focusing on will not be properly cleaned. Incorrect cleaner usage can damage parts of your home.
The Fix- Make certain you know which cleaners to use where, as well as what tools you’ll need from room to room.
Non-maintenance Of A Routine Housekeeping Schedule– Most people fail to keep a set cleaning schedule which can be attributed to their busy schedule and thus lack of time on hands to carry out the cleaning tasks. Nonetheless, leaving cleaning to the weekend results in all your chores piling up on one another.
The Fix- Try and include housekeeping in your daily routine which will not make you feel like laundry and vacuuming are taking over your life.
If you are making the common housekeeping mistakes simply because you are pressed for time, it might be time to call in the professional cleaning services. Contact Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park on 913-642-2006 which has been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.