Isn’t it time for a vacation as summer is here, finally. Hope, you must be having plans already which may range from a condo on the beach or maybe a secluded cabin in the woods. If you are staying at a vacation rental, you should be ready in doing a little cleaning regardless of the place you are off to.
Housekeeping after a flight or long car drive is probably the last thing you would want to do. However, it can help you get your home away from home set up. That way you can enjoy the space without worrying about who’s been there before you.
Here’s a lowdown on a few vacation rental cleaning tips from home cleaning Overland Park professionals which can prove to be highly beneficial for you.
Throw the Trash- Take a minute to check all the trash cans in the house to see that they’ve been emptied as the previous guests may have forgotten to carry out their trash before they left.
Head to the Bathroom– There are no two ways about the fact that the bathroom should be in pretty good shape. Still, it is advisable that you wipe down the countertops, especially if you’ll be spreading out toiletries and toothbrushes. Also, wipe down the sink and shower knobs, as well as the toilet handle.
Kitchen Cleaning– Kitchen, most probably will be the room you want to focus most of your vacation rental cleaning attention on. Here’s a kitchen cleaning checklist:
- Check whether the microwave is clean or not.
- Clean the kitchen sponge by wetting it thoroughly and microwaving it for a minute or two.
- Wipe down all surfaces, including countertops, stovetops and sinks.
- Check the inside of the fridge or freezer and give them a once over to make sure no food items have been left behind.
- Also, check for the dishes, glasses and frequently used pots, pans or cutting boards. If you come across any dirty dishes, place them in the dishwasher or give them a good handwashing.
Tidy up the Outdoor Area– Your rental may or may not have an outdoor area, if it has, it’s worth it to spend a few minutes tidying up. If you can easily locate an outdoor broom, start by giving the space a good sweeping, then, wipe down any outdoor furniture. Hopefully, the grill and any deck chairs or tables have been left reasonably clean and should be ready to go after a quick once over with a cloth or towel.
All in all, vacation rental cleaning probably isn’t anyone’s idea of a good time.
It is advisable that you go for professional home cleaning services if you own a vacation rental property and need help cleaning after guests. In Overland Park, you can contact Tidy Up Angels LLC. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. We have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006.
Listening to your needs and concerns, having your best interest at heart, that is how we strive to provide you with excellent customer service. There is no secrecy to how we arrive at our price. You are in control at every step of the way.
There are no two ways about the fact that having a garbage disposal can make life easier but these devices don’t see as much cleaning as they should which can be attributed to: most people kind of forget to maintain them and most people have been conditioned to fear the disposal since childhood. The end result of leaving this tool unwashed can be an awful stench permeating throughout your kitchen. Lack of cleaning could also lead to your disposal not working properly.
The good thing is that it is possible to keep these handy devices washed but one needs to be extra cautious during work. Garbage disposals have sharp blades that can be very dangerous. It’s important to make sure your disposal is off and be especially mindful of what you are doing when cleaning any part of this tool in order to avoid any kind of injury. Also, make sure to unplug the appliance when cleaning around the drain or flange.
Here are a few ways to clean a garbage disposal from home cleaning Overland Park professionals:
Cleaning a Smelly Garbage Disposal– Make sure to clean your garbage disposal thoroughly about once a month in order for it from getting stinky. You won’t require anything else apart from lemons, rock salt and ice for cleaning it.
You will Need– 2 cups of ice; 1 cup of rock salt; a quartered lemon.
Process- First and foremost, fill the drain with ice and pour the rock salt down the drain and over the ice cubes. Turn on cold water and run the disposal until all the ice has been rinsed away. Leave the disposal with the cold water running and drop the lemon quarters in one at a time. Turn off the disposal once the fruit is gone. The cold water should run for about 30 seconds before shutting it off.
Cleaning Garbage Disposal Rubber Flange– The rubber flange, which is more commonly known as the splash guard, should also be cleaned monthly.
You will Need– Dishwashing gloves; an old toothbrush; dish soap and a bowl or small packet.
Process- Firstly, make a mixture of hot soapy water in your bowl or small bucket and then put your gloves on. Use the toothbrush and soapy water to scrub both the underside and top of the flaps by lifting up one section of the splash guard at a time. Rinse the brush thoroughly in order to not spread the slime around. Rinse both sides of the splash guard well with hot water after you’ve cleaned the gunk off each section.
Maintaining the Garbage Disposal– After you’ve cleaned your disposal, proper upkeep is important which will help you in reducing bad odors in the future that includes giving it a quick clean on a regular basis.
You will Need– Dishwashing liquid.
Process– Squirt a few drops of dish soap in your disposal and then turn on the appliance. Run cold water through the disposal for about a minute. Leave the cold water on for another 30 seconds or so but turn off your garbage disposal. Turn off the water. A few items should never be placed in the disposal because they can cause damage to the blades or get stuck in the pipes thus leading to expensive plumbing repairs.
Consult your model’s care instructions in order for the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you are looking for more advice that can keep bad odors at bay, it is advisable that you go for house cleaning services for getting a clean and sweet-smelling home.
Approach Tidy Up Angels LLC by calling us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Nothing quite signifies summer like a Memorial Day cookout aside from school letting out. During summer, bathing suits and colorful towels make an appearance. The pool is clean. Barbecued chicken and veggie burgers sizzle on the grill- so, there cannot be anything that can go wrong. Summer cookout foods like popsicles, ice cream and watermelon can leave nasty stains, as can ketchup and mustard. In addition to that, carrying items in and out for the cookout can result in spills. As an end result, after using the grill, you are going to have to clean it.
Do not let all of these thoughts dampen your plans to host an amazing summer kickoff because we are listing a few cookout cleaning hacks that can prove to be highly beneficial for you. The tips have been provided by professionals working at house cleaning services in Overland Park.
Preparing for a Cookout– Proper preparation is the key to not letting most messes ruin your day. You would easily be able to handle dropped food and spills with grace if you have the supplies that you need on hand. A few tips to follow:
- Around your cookout area, place multiple trash cans.
- Use plastic-lined tablecloths.
- To catch melting juice, slide cupcake liners under popsicles.
- Make sure to serve clear or light-colored punches and drinks that won’t stain clothes.
- It is better that you set up a buffet-style table which will not only let guests in helping themselves but also reduce the odds of having to clean spilled drinks.
- There should be plenty of napkins around.
- You should have an emergency clean-up caddy stashed nearby containing extra paper towels, microfiber cloths, wet wipes, a stain stick and your go-to cleaner.
Ways to Remove Ketchup Stains– The major downsides of a cookout are stains. The good news is that you don’t have to don a bib or skip colorful condiments on your burger if you know how to remove ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauce.
- You will Need– a spoon; mild laundry detergent; distilled white vinegar (for light-colored clothes); cold water.
- Use your spoon to scrape off excess amounts of the offending condiment as soon as the spill happens.
- Run cold water through the back of the stain as soon as you’re able to. Be careful and do not scrub the stain, as this will work it deeper into the fibers of the material.
- To the stained area, add some laundry detergent. Gently work the detergent into the stain in a circular motion.
- Spritz a little vinegar on it to help get the condiment out, if the stained clothing is light or white in color. Before applying vinegar, rinse any detergent out of the fabric with cold water.
- Rinse all cleaning solutions from the fabric.
- Go ahead and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until the stain is no longer visible.
- Leave your cloth to air dry just in case traces of the stain are left behind.
Go ahead and enjoy hosting a party and leave the cleaning up afterward in the hands of the housekeepers at Tidy Up Angels LLC in the Overland Park area. We offer a variety of specialty services, with one of them being after-party clean up. This will enable you in focusing on having a good time. Take the stress out of after party clean up with our professional tidy up service crew. Contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Moving to a new house is very exciting but also comes with a lot of challenges in terms of all the work that has to be done in a short timeframe. There are a few ways in which you can make the process easier for yourself. If you are very much hard of time due to your professional or personal commitments then it is best to go for professional move out cleaning Overland Park services. Many people go for professional services these days due to lack of time on their hands and get the best results possible.
Read on to know more about the tips that can make move out cleaning less stressful for you:
Develop a Proper Schedule– It is important to plan properly because packing up and cleaning the house is a massive undertaking. You will have to map out your time well in advance. In the run up to the actual move-out date, set deadlines for specific tasks, for instance, packing up the spare bedroom or cleaning out the refrigerator. Your aim should be to get as much move-out cleaning done as possible ahead of time while still having access to all the comforts and the necessities that you need until you move out to your new house.
Clean In Zones– Concentrate on one space at a time. Make a list and number the rooms or particular areas in the order that you would like to address them. Start off with spare bathrooms or guest bathrooms as these spots can easily be packed without upending the daily routines. Take a good amount of time to wipe down books, lamps and knickknacks before putting them away. If you won’t be using a move-out cleaning service, start your work from the top which includes cleaning cobwebs, ceiling fans and light fixtures and then move gradually to the bottom which includes washing floors, vacuuming and wiping baseboards in each room.
Get Rid Of Unnecessary Things– A move-out cleaning is the perfect time to get rid of unnecessary things that you don’t need anymore. Place the unnecessary items that you haven’t used in months or the clothes that you forgot you owned until you started packing up your closet in empty boxes. After the boxes are filled up, donate them. Toss out any lists or scraps that may be hanging around by going through paperworks and clutter-catching drawers.
Get Some Help– Some extra hands in your cleaning work can prove to be highly beneficial for you. You can ask your friends or relatives to help you out and can offer them gifts or drinks in exchange for their time and efforts. A little assistance in boxing up books, baking utensils or seasonal items in the garage can make a huge difference in your move-out cleaning (you will be able to finish off with your work fast).
Professional Services- If you are a working professional or even a homemaker, your time is likely to be limited. It especially holds all the more true if you are a renter and you can’t unload your moving truck and clean the house at the same time. You can save yourself a stress fest by going for professional (move-in/move-out) cleaning services which will enable you in focusing on carrying those boxes while housekeeping professionals take care of cleaning your former house which is highly time-effective.
Need a hand unpacking and getting your new place spruced up, approach Tidy Up Angels LLC which has been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Contact us on 913-642-2006. The services provided by us include:
- House Cleaning
- Move In/Move Out Cleaning
Put On Market Cleaning
Putting your home up for sale will require major cleaning, sometimes from professional home cleaning services or a cleaning service Kansas City. But when you don’t have access to professional move in/out cleaning at the moment, there are still some things you can do on your home. Read this short checklist that tackles all the areas you can do yourself. When you have time, you may want to call the cleaners or residential post construction cleaning to handle the other parts that you couldn’t!
1. First things first: tidy up your things. Before you call professional home cleaning services or do the cleaning yourself, the prerequisite is always to tidy up. Put your home in order and throw away what needs to be discarded. This eliminates the junk from your home so you are just left with whatever really needs to be cleaned by yourself or a cleaning service Kansas City.
2. Scrub down the walls. New people entering your house for the first time will immediately notice how your walls look, which is why many get professional move in/out cleaning to make their walls as clean as possible. If you don’t have time or the budget to get the whole house repainted, at the very least scrub it down with some detergent and water to get the grime out.
3. Make your floors shine. Mopping the floor is a good thing, but what will really make it stand out is to make it shine. Some residential post construction cleaning go the extra mile by waxing and polishing the floor to make it look extra nice, especially before a home walk through.
4. Vacuum or launder the carpet. If you have a carpet, it is good for you to vacuum it thoroughly and focus on removing some stains if there are any. You don’t want people sneezing because of the dust it’s accumulated, nor do you want them to sidestep suspicious looking stains that can lower the asking price of your home!
5. Clean and clear your furniture. If you still have a lot of furniture left in your current home, by all means set it up so it looks neat and not too lived-in. If you can, put some in storage so the house is as bare as it can get. Having furniture around can give prospective homeowners an idea of how to set up your house. On the flipside, it can also prevent them from seeing the overall quality of the house or its personal potential for dressing up.
6. Wash down cabinet doors. You may not notice it, but cabinet doors can get stained over the years. A few swipes at them with some soapy water will reveal just how bright they originally were, according to professional home cleaning overland park. Go through all the cabinet doors in your house and give them a good scrub down.
These six tips will help make your home look cleaner, brighter, and deserving of an asking price that mirrors its beauty!