School’s been out and summer is in full swing. Being a parent, it is your duty to keep your kids entertained in order to avoid hearing those dreaded words “I’m bored.”
Here’s a lowdown on a few summer activities for kids from home cleaning Overland Park services.
Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead- If you have a tight budget and looking for a cheap family-activity in Overland Park, look no further than this educational, yet fun, gem. This farm boasts nearly 200 animals and birds, veggie and flower gardens, a fishing pond, pony rides, a one-room country schoolhouse, play areas, wagon rides and more. It’s open daily from April through October 31st. It is open 9 am to 5 pm daily.
The Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens- The 300-acre Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens is an educational, recreational and cultural resource for the Kansas City region.
At the Arboretum, visitors may experience and explore:
- 13 gardens with more than 1,700 species of plants;
- Trails that traverse rocky bluffs and bottomland paths;
- 180 acres of prairie home to native grasses and wildflowers;
- Fauna, including birds, dragonflies, deer, snakes and other wildlife;
- Formal and informal educational activities.
It is open all year-round which means it enables visitors to see the beauty of all four seasons.
Toddle Time- Toddle Time is basically a program that will captivate the imagination and attention of our future generation for hours because this open play time has an array of toys, including building blocks, balls and puzzles which will also teach your child how to interact with others their age. So bring your kids ages five and under to Toddle Time at the Matt Ross Community Center (8101 Marty St., Overland Park) on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9 to 11 a.m. For information, call on 913-895-6350.
Museum at Prairiefire– It is an amazing place for kids where they can get to learn about natural history and culture. Kids will always find something new to learn and explore because there are three areas dedicated to natural science and history. There is a Discovery Room which kids are surely going to love. It is completely hands-on and takes children on a journey through different areas of science from paleontology to astronomy.
Black & Veatch MakerSpace at Central Resource Library– The events over here are designed for kids ages six through 12 but anyone is welcome. The space contains all sorts of cool equipment including a 3D printer, computers and software, a laser cutter, electronics, a recording studio and much more. Make your kid take part in a new project each week which can range from building a robot to learning to code to making a movie.
My Gym Children’s Fitness Center– My Gym has established local facilities where children learn and grow through unique and exciting activities. Children develop healthy minds and strong bodies under the guidance of trained and loving instructors in a safe and non-competitive environment. My Gym is oriented towards children between the ages of 6 weeks to 13 years.
Music House School of Music Overland Park– Step into a world of performance opportunities, group music classes, rock bands & ensembles, and a diverse catalog of free weekend music classes. There can be nothing greater than learning a new musical instrument which not only helps in learning a new skill but also relaxes the mind. Sign up your kid for music lessons and experience a modern approach to learning.
Hopefully, these summer activity tips will be beneficial for you in keeping your kids entertained.
For professional home cleaning services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We have been in the business for over 8 years.
On the eve of Mother’s Day, many moms are most likely to be getting flowers, cards and even breakfast in bed. While these gifts and gestures are likely much appreciated, flowers wilt, breakfasts get eaten and cards get lost among the artwork on the fridge. But it is advisable that you give your mom something that she could cherish forever.
On the eve of Mother’s Day and “National Clean Your Room Day (May 10)”, take advantage of this thing to give your mom the gift that keeps on giving- a clean bedroom and a routine to keep things tidy.
A few tips from home cleaning Overland Park Services include:
Clean with Kids– It is advisable that in order to celebrate “National Clean Your Home Day” and Mother’s Day, enlist the help of your kids. But in doing that, you need to get creative. The warm spring weather coupled with the fact that school will be out soon means kids’ attention spans might be fleeting. You can conduct fun cleaning games to rewards you can offer your children in exchange for help with the housekeeping.
Create a Proper Routine- Having a solid room-cleaning groove in place means you have fought half the battle. Keeping a tidy room isn’t really a difficult chore. Take a little time each day to put things in their place, and also teach your kids to do the same.
Following are a few tips on how to keep your room clean on a regular basis:
- Organize your nightstand
- Don’t leave shoes all over the bedroom, keep shoes organized in the closet
- Place a small waste bin in the corner for tissues and such. Empty this bin weekly.
- Do not place soiled clothes on the floor, instead place them in a laundry hamper.
- In your regular housekeeping routine, include dusting and vacuuming your bedroom.
- Return items like books, tablets and magazines to the areas or shelves when you are finished with them instead of letting them pile up.
- Also get rid of clothes, shoes and accessories that you don’t wear or use anymore.
- For housekeeping backup, approach professional cleaning services.
Set an Example– You, yourself need to set an example in order to teach good habits to your children. Kids are smart, so they’ll toss you a side eye if you’re saying, “Clean up your room!” while standing in the doorway of your own mess. Make sure to keep your own room clean and tidy which will help you in inculcating good habits in your children. Kids will see picking up the bedroom as something that everyone does which will encourage them to do the same.
For help with your housekeeping needs, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Trusting someone to clean your home can be a little unnerving. If this is your first time hiring a cleaning company, we want you to know that you can relax with Tidy Up Angels. Our company is fully insured and bonded; safeguarding your most personal possessions. Honesty, integrity, and good work ethics are the back bone of our company. We aim to meet all your expectations and we hope to exceed them during each service.
Apart from birdsong and blooming flowers, spring brings an annual clean for many people. A very important thing that you might be taking care of during your spring cleaning is trading out heavy winter clothes for your spring and summer attire. But there is a way to store winter clothes that you might not be aware of, today we are going to throw light just on that.
Here’s a lowdown of a few tips from maid services in Overland Park on ways to storing seasonal clothes:
Prior to Storing Winter Clothes, Clean them– It is important for you to launder your winter clothes before packing them away regardless of the seasonal clothing storage methods you decide upon. You need to make sure that your clothes are clean which will prevent any discoloration that can occur from traces of lotion, perfumes or even your body’s oils.
Do wash your clothes according to the care instructions on their tags. In some cases, you may need to take items to the dry cleaner. Be sure that your clothes are completely dry before packing them up which will significantly reduce the odds of mold or mildew taking over your wardrobe while it’s in storage.
Learn about the Best Way to Store Winter Clothes– The way to store the winter clothes depend hugely upon the materials they are made from. For example, Coats made of natural materials — like wool, cashmere and leather — should be cleaned and then stored in breathable garment bags on hangers that allow them to keep their shape. On the other hand, the best way to store winter coats made of synthetic materials is to vacuum seal them after they’ve been washed and dried.
Utilize Other Ideas for Winter Clothes Storage– Space-saving solutions are important when storing off-season clothes which will keep your garments protected from potential pest infestations. Two of the most popular methods of storage are containers and vacuum-sealed bags. If you use storage bins, make sure they’re air tight so that condensation can’t creep in and cause mold and mildew. Be sure to label your storage irrespective of whether you opt for bins or bags which will make it easy for you to know where exactly your favorite cardigans or scarves are when winter rolls around.
Store Off-season Clothes with Cedar– A very good and beneficial winter storage idea is to pack away seasonal clothes with blocks of cedar which can keep moths from chewing holes into your clothing. Cedar works well in repealing moths but it doesn’t kill any larvae that might be in your clothes, which highlights the importance of washing.
Following the above-mentioned tips can prove to be beneficial for you during spring clean. If you need some help with spring cleaning, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Some of our services include:
Custom House Cleaning- Designed to provide you with a more detail level of cleaning. We service your home top to bottom. Everything from blinds, baseboards, ceiling fans, floors, the works!
Move in/Move out Cleaning– This service is available to you in a very customizable way. Level of detail and areas to be serviced will vary.
Put On Market Cleaning– We specialize in put on market cleaning: we understand the impact a clean home will make as you try to sell your home.
There are no two ways about the fact that carpet is the most popular flooring choice as it adds an air of warmth and is also very soft underfoot thus making it very comfortable to walk on. It is a very good option for allergy sufferers, as carpet fibers can hold on to allergens, reducing the amount of dust in the air. But, dirty and stained carpeting won’t improve the looks of your home, nor does it help with the resale value. All of this highlights the importance of cleaning the carpet properly.
When it comes to maintenance, every homeowner should clean the high-traffic areas once or twice a week. For areas with less use, every alternate week would suffice.
We are listing a few carpet cleaning tips from home cleaning Overland Park professionals.
For carpet cleaning, you would need two very important things- a vacuum and baking soda. Prior to vacuuming, lightly sprinkle the baking soda on your carpet which will neutralize any unpleasant odors. In addition to that, address any spills or stains as soon as they happen to prevent them from setting in and ruining your carpets.
Carpet Cleaning Tips:
There are usually four main types of carpeting in the house: Berber, nylon, olefin or wool. Prior to going ahead with cleaning the carpet, you need to know which material you’re working with. The material will help you to decide what products to use and which solutions to avoid. The two very important carpet cleaning methods are:
Cleaning with a Carpet Cleaning Machine- Go ahead and rent professional-grade carpet cleaners at any grocery or hardware store. See to it that the machine is labeled with proper user instructions. Prior to going ahead with cleaning the carpet with machine, it is necessary that you do three things:
- Be certain that the machine and product you select are safe to use on your carpeting.
- Do not forget to perform a spot test on a small inconspicuous area. It is only after complete drying that you should go for cleaning all of your carpet. A spot test will ensure that there is no discoloration or damage.
- Properly budget the time to clean your carpet and let it dry thoroughly.
Going for Professional Carpet-cleaning Service– It is better that you go for professionals if you are not certain what material the carpeting is made of. Carpet isn’t something that can be easily replaced if it’s ruined by the wrong cleaning agent. It is better that you are safe rather than having to repent later.
For professional house cleaning services contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Listening to your needs and concerns, having your best interest at heart. That is how we strive to provide you with excellent customer service. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.
Some of our services include:
- Custom House Cleaning– Designed to provide you with a more detailed level of cleaning. This service is for a cleaner home from top to bottom. Everything from blinds, baseboards, ceiling fans, floors, the works! You can customize by providing with the list of areas or articles you want to be cleaned in your house and will be charged on the basis of that.
- Put On Market Cleaning
Move in/Move Out Cleaning
Now that spring has sprung, you’re probably ready to have those windows and sliding glass doors open to blow away the residual feelings of a stuffy winter. It is important as well. But once you begin airing out your home, you are most likely to notice how grimy your window tracks have gotten while the house was shut up. All of this all the more highlights the importance of spring cleaning.
Here’s a lowdown on a few tips on how to clean the window tracks from cleaning services in Overland Park which will help you welcome the cool breezes into your home.
Clean Window Tracks with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Like we all know, baking soda and vinegar are amazing natural cleaning products. They can be as effective in cleaning your dingy window tracks.
You will need: a vacuum with a crevice tool, distilled white vinegar, baking soda, a spray bottle, an old toothbrush and microfiber cloths.
- After pouring a cup of vinegar into the spray bottle, set the nozzle to mist.
- With the vacuum, remove as much lose debris as possible.
- Sprinkle a little bit of baking soda along your window tracks. Do not go wild, as the baking soda may fizz violently after reacting with the vinegar, which will leave you with a new mess to clean up.
- Spritz the baking soda with vinegar to dampen the track.
- Use the old toothbrush in order to loosen dirt in the tracks.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe the solution away.
- Do switch your cloth out for a new one when it’s dirty.
Use a Clothes Steamer for Cleaning Window Tracks
A garment steamer has many outside-the-boxes uses which can come in handy in each and every room. You will also be able to easily clean the window tracks with it. But you need to be mindful of a few things when employing it.
- Firstly, you should conduct a spot test.
- Do not use this cleaning method when windows are still cold, as the extreme temperature difference between the steam and the glass could lead to cracking.
- Avoid steam cleaning window panes or tracks that are made of finished wood, as well as surfaces that have been polished, waxed or freshly painted.
You will need: a garment steamer, a vacuum with a crevice tool, microfiber cloths and distilled water.
- For adding and heating of water, follow the steamer’s instructions.
- Use the vacuum and crevice tool to remove as much debris as possible while the garment steamer is heating.
- After the steamer is ready, use it to break up the stuck-on grime that’s in your window tracks.
- Wipe away the loosened debris with a microfiber cloth after you are finished with steaming.
- Repeat the steps C and D until the tracks are clean. Do make sure to replace your microfiber cloth when it starts to get soiled.
These are some of the simple ways that can prove to be effective in cleaning window tracks. In addition to this, learn how to care for curtains and drapes prior to using these tips for keeping your windows streak-free.
For housekeeping back-up, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Some of our services include:
- Move In cleaning Overland Park
- Custom House cleaning
- Move Out cleaning Overland Park
Put On Market cleaning
Living in a small apartment or house can become really difficult especially when it comes to finding a place for everything you need. Your home can become very claustrophobic without proper small space organization. But a few tips and storage solutions for small apartments can really help you to breathe easy and enjoy the cozy feel of your house.
Here’s a lowdown on a few guidelines from professional cleaning services in Overland Park for organization and storage for small spaces.
Get Organized– Clutter is the worst enemy if the space is minimal and it can build up quickly. All you need is some stellar organization ideas for small spaces to get started with. You need to do some purging prior to starting with getting your place in order.
Just get rid of everything that you don’t need or use anymore by going through closets, cupboards and drawers. Donate clothes that have been there in your closet for more than five years. Any box that has been filled with random papers and old hair ties that’s been sitting under your desk since you moved- go through it and toss everything that you don’t need. Throw off the broken wine key that’s been hanging out in your silverware drawer for more than three months.
Make use of the Nooks and Crannies– When it comes to storage for small spaces, it is important that you reclaim every lost inch which mostly include the often neglected space of nooks and crannies. A few organization ideas that can get you started include:
- Install shelves over doorframes to hold plants or books
- Hang a multi-tiered basket over your kitchen sink in order to hold fruits and vegetables
- Invest in corner bookshelves to make use of the corners, you can also hang floating shelves
- To display photos or as makeshift bookshelves, use non-working fireplaces
Make use of Vertical Space– You need to capitalize on every inch of wall space you can when you live in a small home or apartment. A few ways to make use of the vertical space include:
- Hang knives on magnetic strips.
- In order to hold necklaces and scarves, use nails or adhesive hooks.
- Install floating shelves around the tops of rooms to hold books, knickknacks or storage baskets
- Fasten magnetic spice holders to the side of your refrigerator
- To hang pots and pans or coats and accessories, use towel racks with sliding hooks.
- Attach hanging shoe organizers over the back of closet doors to corral footwear, jewelry, cleaning supplies and styling products
Put your Furnishings to Work– When you live in close quarters, you shouldn’t waste a single square foot so the best thing to do in this regards is put your furnishings to work. The good thing is that there are many different types of furniture that can easily function as storage solutions for small apartments which include:
- Beds with drawers for stashing off-season clothing or extra pillows
- Beds on risers which allow storage bins to slide neatly underneath
- Old chests that add a shabby chic vibe to your home and hold your crafting supplies, important papers and documents or spare electronics cables
So, take time out from your busy schedule in order to organize your house in a proper manner.
For professional house cleaning services in Overland Park, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.