There are no two ways about the fact that carpet is the most popular flooring choice as it adds an air of warmth and is also very soft underfoot thus making it very comfortable to walk on. It is a very good option for allergy sufferers, as carpet fibers can hold on to allergens, reducing the amount of dust in the air. But, dirty and stained carpeting won’t improve the looks of your home, nor does it help with the resale value. All of this highlights the importance of cleaning the carpet properly.
When it comes to maintenance, every homeowner should clean the high-traffic areas once or twice a week. For areas with less use, every alternate week would suffice.
We are listing a few carpet cleaning tips from home cleaning Overland Park professionals.
For carpet cleaning, you would need two very important things- a vacuum and baking soda. Prior to vacuuming, lightly sprinkle the baking soda on your carpet which will neutralize any unpleasant odors. In addition to that, address any spills or stains as soon as they happen to prevent them from setting in and ruining your carpets.
Carpet Cleaning Tips:
There are usually four main types of carpeting in the house: Berber, nylon, olefin or wool. Prior to going ahead with cleaning the carpet, you need to know which material you’re working with. The material will help you to decide what products to use and which solutions to avoid. The two very important carpet cleaning methods are:
Cleaning with a Carpet Cleaning Machine- Go ahead and rent professional-grade carpet cleaners at any grocery or hardware store. See to it that the machine is labeled with proper user instructions. Prior to going ahead with cleaning the carpet with machine, it is necessary that you do three things:
- Be certain that the machine and product you select are safe to use on your carpeting.
- Do not forget to perform a spot test on a small inconspicuous area. It is only after complete drying that you should go for cleaning all of your carpet. A spot test will ensure that there is no discoloration or damage.
- Properly budget the time to clean your carpet and let it dry thoroughly.
Going for Professional Carpet-cleaning Service– It is better that you go for professionals if you are not certain what material the carpeting is made of. Carpet isn’t something that can be easily replaced if it’s ruined by the wrong cleaning agent. It is better that you are safe rather than having to repent later.
For professional house cleaning services contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Listening to your needs and concerns, having your best interest at heart. That is how we strive to provide you with excellent customer service. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.
Some of our services include:
- Custom House Cleaning– Designed to provide you with a more detailed level of cleaning. This service is for a cleaner home from top to bottom. Everything from blinds, baseboards, ceiling fans, floors, the works! You can customize by providing with the list of areas or articles you want to be cleaned in your house and will be charged on the basis of that.
- Put On Market Cleaning
Move in/Move Out Cleaning
Now that spring has sprung, you’re probably ready to have those windows and sliding glass doors open to blow away the residual feelings of a stuffy winter. It is important as well. But once you begin airing out your home, you are most likely to notice how grimy your window tracks have gotten while the house was shut up. All of this all the more highlights the importance of spring cleaning.
Here’s a lowdown on a few tips on how to clean the window tracks from cleaning services in Overland Park which will help you welcome the cool breezes into your home.
Clean Window Tracks with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Like we all know, baking soda and vinegar are amazing natural cleaning products. They can be as effective in cleaning your dingy window tracks.
You will need: a vacuum with a crevice tool, distilled white vinegar, baking soda, a spray bottle, an old toothbrush and microfiber cloths.
- After pouring a cup of vinegar into the spray bottle, set the nozzle to mist.
- With the vacuum, remove as much lose debris as possible.
- Sprinkle a little bit of baking soda along your window tracks. Do not go wild, as the baking soda may fizz violently after reacting with the vinegar, which will leave you with a new mess to clean up.
- Spritz the baking soda with vinegar to dampen the track.
- Use the old toothbrush in order to loosen dirt in the tracks.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe the solution away.
- Do switch your cloth out for a new one when it’s dirty.
Use a Clothes Steamer for Cleaning Window Tracks
A garment steamer has many outside-the-boxes uses which can come in handy in each and every room. You will also be able to easily clean the window tracks with it. But you need to be mindful of a few things when employing it.
- Firstly, you should conduct a spot test.
- Do not use this cleaning method when windows are still cold, as the extreme temperature difference between the steam and the glass could lead to cracking.
- Avoid steam cleaning window panes or tracks that are made of finished wood, as well as surfaces that have been polished, waxed or freshly painted.
You will need: a garment steamer, a vacuum with a crevice tool, microfiber cloths and distilled water.
- For adding and heating of water, follow the steamer’s instructions.
- Use the vacuum and crevice tool to remove as much debris as possible while the garment steamer is heating.
- After the steamer is ready, use it to break up the stuck-on grime that’s in your window tracks.
- Wipe away the loosened debris with a microfiber cloth after you are finished with steaming.
- Repeat the steps C and D until the tracks are clean. Do make sure to replace your microfiber cloth when it starts to get soiled.
These are some of the simple ways that can prove to be effective in cleaning window tracks. In addition to this, learn how to care for curtains and drapes prior to using these tips for keeping your windows streak-free.
For housekeeping back-up, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Some of our services include:
- Move In cleaning Overland Park
- Custom House cleaning
- Move Out cleaning Overland Park
Put On Market cleaning
Living in a small apartment or house can become really difficult especially when it comes to finding a place for everything you need. Your home can become very claustrophobic without proper small space organization. But a few tips and storage solutions for small apartments can really help you to breathe easy and enjoy the cozy feel of your house.
Here’s a lowdown on a few guidelines from professional cleaning services in Overland Park for organization and storage for small spaces.
Get Organized– Clutter is the worst enemy if the space is minimal and it can build up quickly. All you need is some stellar organization ideas for small spaces to get started with. You need to do some purging prior to starting with getting your place in order.
Just get rid of everything that you don’t need or use anymore by going through closets, cupboards and drawers. Donate clothes that have been there in your closet for more than five years. Any box that has been filled with random papers and old hair ties that’s been sitting under your desk since you moved- go through it and toss everything that you don’t need. Throw off the broken wine key that’s been hanging out in your silverware drawer for more than three months.
Make use of the Nooks and Crannies– When it comes to storage for small spaces, it is important that you reclaim every lost inch which mostly include the often neglected space of nooks and crannies. A few organization ideas that can get you started include:
- Install shelves over doorframes to hold plants or books
- Hang a multi-tiered basket over your kitchen sink in order to hold fruits and vegetables
- Invest in corner bookshelves to make use of the corners, you can also hang floating shelves
- To display photos or as makeshift bookshelves, use non-working fireplaces
Make use of Vertical Space– You need to capitalize on every inch of wall space you can when you live in a small home or apartment. A few ways to make use of the vertical space include:
- Hang knives on magnetic strips.
- In order to hold necklaces and scarves, use nails or adhesive hooks.
- Install floating shelves around the tops of rooms to hold books, knickknacks or storage baskets
- Fasten magnetic spice holders to the side of your refrigerator
- To hang pots and pans or coats and accessories, use towel racks with sliding hooks.
- Attach hanging shoe organizers over the back of closet doors to corral footwear, jewelry, cleaning supplies and styling products
Put your Furnishings to Work– When you live in close quarters, you shouldn’t waste a single square foot so the best thing to do in this regards is put your furnishings to work. The good thing is that there are many different types of furniture that can easily function as storage solutions for small apartments which include:
- Beds with drawers for stashing off-season clothing or extra pillows
- Beds on risers which allow storage bins to slide neatly underneath
- Old chests that add a shabby chic vibe to your home and hold your crafting supplies, important papers and documents or spare electronics cables
So, take time out from your busy schedule in order to organize your house in a proper manner.
For professional house cleaning services in Overland Park, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.
If anyone is making her list and checking it twice, it is your mother-in-law checking in to see if everything is alright in the house. A few of the mother-in-law approved cleanings include:
- Vacuum under the sofa, between the cushions and by the baseboards.
- Make sure the kitchen is spic and span – not just the windows and floors, but the appliances and cabinets too.
- Do not forget the bathroom.
We are listing a few bathroom cleaning tips from house cleaning services in Overland Park which can prove to be the best gift that you can give your mother-in-law on the eve of mother’s day.
The routine bathroom cleaning, in general, takes place only once in a week which mostly involves scrubbing of the tub and shower walls. But there are some parts of the bathroom that need to be addressed more frequently than every seven days. Here’s a lowdown on a few parts of the bathroom that needs to be touched up in between weekly cleanings:
Clean the Toilet– It’s one of the most germ-ridden areas of the home. In fact, the waste in your toilet mixes with the flushing water and sends plumes of microbes into the air which can land on toilet seats, lids and other surfaces. You should make it a point to clean your toilet once or twice a week, however, the toilet doesn’t always require complete cleaning. You can simply wipe down the seat and sides with a bleach wipe until and unless you start to see a ring in the toilet bowl.
Get rid of the Trash– If your bathroom sees a lot of traffic, there are chances for your bathroom trashcans to be filled up quickly. So you need to make sure to empty the wastebaskets every few days so that they don’t spill over and cover your bathroom floor with floss and tissue.
Change Linen- If your bathroom is used very frequently, linen will need to be freshened every day or two. Also wash your bathmat mid-week. Go for the clean sets waiting in the linen closet and get rid of the used bath and hand towels. The bathroom is quite a busy place so sweep every few days in order to clean up any hair or rogue fingernail clippings that have fallen.
Wipe the Mirror and Sink– In the course of a week, your sink and mirror will most likely be subject to many sessions of tooth brushing and hair combing. Wipe hair off the sink with a piece of toilet paper each time you brush or style, and toss that in the trashcan rather than the toilet so that your hair doesn’t stop up the commode. Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe away any toothpaste on the mirror or sink so that they don’t harden before your next weekly bathroom cleaning.
The frequency with which you should be cleaning your bathroom totally depends on how much your bathroom is used. It is totally up to you with regards to how often should you be cleaning your bathroom in between weekly housekeeping. You’ll find your home’s bathrooms seem much fresher using the above-mentioned bathroom tidying tips. Moreover, it would also not take much time to finish off with a detailed bathroom cleaning alongside tackling your regular housework.
For professional house cleaning services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Most kids dread when asked to carry out the household chores and think they are worse than finishing their homework or studying for a test. Being parents, it is your responsibility to involve your kids in carrying out the household chores which you can easily do by making the chores fun for the kids.
Here’s a lowdown on a few ways by house cleaning service in Overland Park providers which can make chores enjoyable for your children:
Give The Chore Control To Your Kids– For you, doing the laundry might be easier than making the bed, for your kids, it may be not. It is better that you let them choose their chores each week by making a list of all the available chores in the household. Let each child choose from the list of chores which will allow them in having control over what they have to do. Kids will be happier when they choose the tasks they will have to do each day.
Create Chore Game- When devising the games, be creative and ask your kids to help think of the rules. You can also use an hourglass timer or stopwatch on your phone in order to keep track of the time and give the child a certain and reasonable timeframe by which the chore needs to be completed.
Keep a Track Of The Completed Chores– There are no two ways about the fact that children love to receive positive reinforcement regardless of it being a gold star or a special sticker, kids just love tokens of appreciation that reaffirm that they have finished off a job well. Make sure that the rewards are age-appropriate. Keep a track of completed chores on a chart.
Design Chores that are Creative– Kids are bound to get bored with mundane chores like fixing the bed, vacuuming, throwing out the garbage, etc, so create fun, new chores. A few ideas include cleaning the shower doors while taking a shower, or purging their closet of old toys and games to make room for new ones before a gift giving holiday.
Turn Chores into a Family Event– There can be nothing better than making chores into a family activity instead of having each kid alone in their rooms or in other areas of the house doing chores on their own time. Each and every family member can play a part in the daily or weekly chores such as two people fixing the bed, two people setting the table together, etc.
Create Chore Songs– Singing makes a job more pleasant. So make up chore songs by using the melodies of existing songs and making up your own words. You can also have the kids sing along to their favorite songs that you can play on their iPods or the family computer as they complete their chores. They can dance around while cleaning up their room, and heck turn it into a game that they have to clean a corner of the room before the song is done!
For professional house cleaning services in Overland Park, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006 which has been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Listening to your needs and concerns, having your best interest at heart, that is how we strive to provide you with excellent customer service. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.
There are many advantages that can be obtained from wearing dishwashing gloves, such as protecting your skin from hot water and cleaning solutions. But there are a couple of downsides that comes along as well with using these household helpers: they often make the hands smell like rubber and most people do not know the proper way to clean them.
We are listing a few tips which has been provided by professional cleaning services in Overland Park on how you can take care of your stinky rubber gloves and how to get rid of that latex smell:
Cleaning Rubber Gloves– It is important that you clean your dishwashing gloves, after all, you are sticking your hands in them, so you need to make sure that they are not dirty. Moreover, the inside of a glove is warm and damp, which is the perfect breeding ground for many types of germs.
Cleaning rubber gloves is fairly simple, you will just need a mild soap, like dishwashing liquid:
Process: After you are done with washing the dishes or whatever other household chore you’ve been tending to, rinse the gloves with water to remove any traces of cleaning solutions. Using the dish soap, wash the outside of the gloves. Rinse your gloves one more time, thoroughly, in order to remove any soap suds. Air dry them. After the outside of the gloves have dried, turn the gloves inside out and repeat the first four steps.
(Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions prior to cleaning lined gloves or those made of fabric. The above method is specifically for unlined gloves made of rubber or latex)
Ways To Get Rid Of Latex Smell– A common complaint attached with rubber gloves is that they leave a foul smell behind on hands. But the good news is that there are ways to fight that awful rubbery odor.
A few smelly glove solutions include:
- Baking Soda– Baking soda is quite renowned for its ability to knock out unpleasant aromas in the house. You can try sprinkling some on the insides of dry gloves before you start washing dishes or cleaning the bathroom. You can also mix a drop or two of your favorite essential oil with the baking soda.
- Scented Soap– Turn your gloves inside out and use a pleasant antibacterial soap for cleaning which is a great way to snuff out the stench of latex. Let the gloves dry completely prior to turning them right-side out again.
- Lotion– You can apply a sweet-smelling lotion to your hands before and after using the rubber gloves which can help mask the scent of the latex. It will also keep your skin hydrated if it tends to dry out inside of the gloves.
Few other Ways to Get Rid Of Smelly Gloves– You are not required to worry about having hands smell like rubber if your gloves don’t stink in the first place. The good news is that there are a variety of gloves on the market that have been created to deal with the notorious odor of the latex rubber glove, such as:
- Gloves scented to smell like vanilla, lavender, chamomile and more.
- Latex-free options.
Hopefully, now you know how to deal with smelly gloves. Now you might be interested in other ways to make your home pleasing to any noses that come through the door.
If you barely have time to wash the dishes, much less your dishwashing gloves, you can contact Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park for some cleaning backup. The professional cleaners at Tidy Up Angels LLC are happy to lend a hand. For more information, call us on 913-642-2006. The rates are reasonable with more areas cleaned and a consistency maintained in cleaning.