Nothing quite signifies summer like a Memorial Day cookout aside from school letting out. During summer, bathing suits and colorful towels make an appearance. The pool is clean. Barbecued chicken and veggie burgers sizzle on the grill- so, there cannot be anything that can go wrong. Summer cookout foods like popsicles, ice cream and watermelon can leave nasty stains, as can ketchup and mustard. In addition to that, carrying items in and out for the cookout can result in spills. As an end result, after using the grill, you are going to have to clean it.
Do not let all of these thoughts dampen your plans to host an amazing summer kickoff because we are listing a few cookout cleaning hacks that can prove to be highly beneficial for you. The tips have been provided by professionals working at house cleaning services in Overland Park.
Preparing for a Cookout– Proper preparation is the key to not letting most messes ruin your day. You would easily be able to handle dropped food and spills with grace if you have the supplies that you need on hand. A few tips to follow:
- Around your cookout area, place multiple trash cans.
- Use plastic-lined tablecloths.
- To catch melting juice, slide cupcake liners under popsicles.
- Make sure to serve clear or light-colored punches and drinks that won’t stain clothes.
- It is better that you set up a buffet-style table which will not only let guests in helping themselves but also reduce the odds of having to clean spilled drinks.
- There should be plenty of napkins around.
- You should have an emergency clean-up caddy stashed nearby containing extra paper towels, microfiber cloths, wet wipes, a stain stick and your go-to cleaner.
Ways to Remove Ketchup Stains– The major downsides of a cookout are stains. The good news is that you don’t have to don a bib or skip colorful condiments on your burger if you know how to remove ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauce.
- You will Need– a spoon; mild laundry detergent; distilled white vinegar (for light-colored clothes); cold water.
- Use your spoon to scrape off excess amounts of the offending condiment as soon as the spill happens.
- Run cold water through the back of the stain as soon as you’re able to. Be careful and do not scrub the stain, as this will work it deeper into the fibers of the material.
- To the stained area, add some laundry detergent. Gently work the detergent into the stain in a circular motion.
- Spritz a little vinegar on it to help get the condiment out, if the stained clothing is light or white in color. Before applying vinegar, rinse any detergent out of the fabric with cold water.
- Rinse all cleaning solutions from the fabric.
- Go ahead and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until the stain is no longer visible.
- Leave your cloth to air dry just in case traces of the stain are left behind.
Go ahead and enjoy hosting a party and leave the cleaning up afterward in the hands of the housekeepers at Tidy Up Angels LLC in the Overland Park area. We offer a variety of specialty services, with one of them being after-party clean up. This will enable you in focusing on having a good time. Take the stress out of after party clean up with our professional tidy up service crew. Contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
If you are like most families, it means you might not pay much attention to the state of your home’s front entrance. You probably would not even be able to remember the last time you gave it a good look. We are listing a few tips that can help you spruce up your home’s front entrance from home cleaning Overland Park service providers.
Freshen up the Front Door– Throughout the seasons, the front of your house can take a beating which can be attributed to its exposure to wind, pollen, dust, rain, snow ice and so forth. Take time out to wipe it clean which you can accomplish with a bucket of water mixed with mild dishwashing liquid, some microfiber cloths, towels and a bit of elbow grease. It will take a good amount of effort on your part but be rest assured that it will all be worth it.
Wipe Off the Welcome Mat- A front door welcome mat is bound to lose its message if it’s caked in mud or crusted with leftover bits of crunchy leaves. First and foremost, make an assessment whether you should even attempt to clean the doormat or whether it may be time for an upgrade. If your welcome mat is salvageable, then give it a good cleaning with your outdoor wet-dry vacuum or a broom. Otherwise, go for a new one.
Wash the Windows– The windows on or around your front entrance are going to need to be cleaned, too, regardless of their size. Learn ways to make your own streak-free window cleaner so you can make that glass sparkle.
Sweep your Stairways– To clear out pine needles, dirt and any other debris, it is advisable that you give front steps and your porch area a thorough sweeping. For making it easy, you can also add this task to your daily cleaning schedule. This way, sweeping will take much less time in the future. Additionally, consider running a hose or power washer over your steps and the porch if it’s been a while since these parts of your front entrance were last cleaned.
Seasonal Touches– Seasonal touches are extremely important that can take your front door curb appeal mission to the next level. Get a wreath that you can redecorate every month to celebrate things that are important to your family. You can also keep the décor simple with seasonal plants. For instance, you could put out pots of Gerbera daisies in the summer. During fall, trade out the daisies for some bright mums.
The fact is you just cannot imagine how much sprucing up the entryway can improve your home’s front door curb appeal.
If you are looking for professional home cleaning services in the Overland Park area, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Integrity is at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers. There is no secrecy to how we arrive at our price. You are in control at every step of the way. We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide.
Summer is finally here, which means the days would be hotter now. We are listing a few outdoor games for kids to play all summer long. The list has been devised by home cleaning Overland Park professionals. The list is for both the parents and the kids.
Frozen T-Shirt Race- This is a great game to play on a sweltering day. Soak a bunch of t-shirts in water, place them in plastic bags, and then stick them in the freezer overnight. The next day, hold a race to see who can “defrost” and pull on a frozen t-shirt the quickest.
Slide and Toss- There are no two ways about the fact that slip and slides are fun, but turning one into a game? Even better. Throw yourself down the slide, stand up, spin around, and try to get a frisbee through a hole to earn points for your team.
Fishing for Marbles– If you have long toes, they are bound to come handy for you while playing this game. You stick your feet into a tub of freezing water and try to pick up as many marbles as you can using your toes.
Giant Jenga– This is a very interesting game. Use 2×4 pieces to make a super-sized version of the famous stacking game–be sure to get out of the way when the tower starts to fall!
Bean Bag Ladder Toss– It is an easy game to set up and play. Just grab a ladder from the garage and toss bean bags through the different rungs to earn points.
Picnic Basket Relay– This is a game which should be played in teams. The game involves teams who compete to see who can set up a picnic first (lay down the basket, set up the silverware and plates, etc). When one player finishes setting it up, they rush to get everything back in the basket and then pass it off to the next player.
Glow in the Dark Bowling– Add glow sticks into ten bottles of water to make bowling pins you can use at night.
Glow in the Dark Capture the Flag
Spaghetti Scavenger Hunt– Pie eating contests are both messy and hilarious but they tend to make people feel ill from overeating: this game allows you to have messy food fun *without* gorging. You hide small items (like gummy bears) in giant plates of spaghetti, set the plates down on a tarp-covered picnic table, and have the contestants search for them–using their mouths!
Blanket Run– This is a game for both parents and kids. Grab some blankets and attempt to pull your kid across the lawn as fast as you possibly can.
Watch your Step– This game involves players having balloons tied to each of their ankles and everyone runs around the yard trying to pop other player’s balloons using their feet–whoever keeps their balloons intact the longest is the winner.
Sponge Launch- There is no person who does not like playing with a sling-shot. In this game, you use one to launch wet sponges at your teammates, who catch them and wring them out into a bucket. The team that fills their bucket with water first, wins.
Cup Races– Use an arsenal of water guns to propel plastic cups down a rope track.
Hope these game tips can help you pass the summer smoothly and can be great for the kids who are having their vacation right now. You can also look up the internet with regards to how to play instructions or steps concerning these games.
For home cleaning services in Overland Park, approach the acclaimed Tidy Up Angels LLC. We have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Contact us on 913-642-2006.
Aluminum foil is a staple in most household pantries, as it comes in handy for everything from wrapping leftovers to lining the drip pans below your stove burners. But you will be surprised to know that there are many more aluminum foil uses other than cooking and wrapping up extra slices of pizza. It can be used as a common household material to clean.
Today we are going to throw light on some of the ways to use aluminum foil for cleaning purposes. The tips are by maid service Overland Park professionals.
Cleaning Silverware with Aluminum Foil
You can easily clean the tarnish off of silverware with aluminum foil. Moreover, this method isn’t even labor intensive.
Requirements– Aluminum foil; a glass baking dish; enough boiling water to completely submerge your silverware in the baking dish; ½ cup of distilled white vinegar; 1 tablespoon of baking soda; 1 tablespoon of sea salt; a microfiber cloth; tongs.
- Use the aluminum foil to completely line the glass baking dish and make sure that the shinier side of the foil is facing upwards.
- After combining baking soda and sea salt, sprinkle the mixture into the dish.
- Now, add vinegar to the dish which will give rise to fizz as it reacts with the baking soda.
- Be careful with not scalding yourself, add the boiling water to the baking dish.
- In a single layer, place your silverware along the bottom of the dish and make sure that each piece is making contact with the aluminum foil.
- Depending on how heavy the tarnish is, let the silverware soak for 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Make use of the tongs to remove the silverware from the solution.
- Dry and buff your silver with a microfiber cloth.
- For any additional batches of silverware that you need to clean, repeat these steps with fresh solution.
Sharpening Scissors with Aluminum Foil
Believe it or not, you can sharpen scissors with aluminum foil.
Requirements- A sheet of aluminum foil about 12 inches long and your dull scissors.
- Fold your foil lengthwise several times as you need to have a folded strip of foil that is several layers thick and about one-inch wide.
- Working lengthwise, cut the foil with your scissors. Make sure you make full cuts, so that the entirety of the blades is sharpened. The idea behind this method is that cutting the foil will hone your scissors.
- Snip a piece of paper in order to test the sharpness of your scissors.
- After your scissor blades are sharpened to your liking, wipe them down with a damp paper towel to remove any remnants of the foil.
Removing Rust Using Aluminum Foil
The material is known for really bringing the shine back to the chrome.
Requirements– Aluminum foil; dishwashing liquid; microfiber cloths; a bucket of water.
- Create some soapy water by adding a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the bucket of water and swishing it around.
- Dampen the microfiber cloth and clean off the chrome area that has been rusted. It will make it easier for you to see the rusty patches.
- Rinse it out after emptying your bucket. Then fill it with plain water.
- Tear off a strip of aluminum foil and dip it in the bucket of water.
- Rub the wet foil gently on the rusted spots.
- Make sure to wipe away any bits of rust with a dry microfiber cloth every now and then.
- Repeat this process until all the rust has been removed.
- Buff the chrome with a clean microfiber cloth and apply a coat of wax or polish to prevent future rust buildup.
Hope these tips will be of advantage to you. For more information or to hire professional maid services in Overland Park, approach Tidy Up Angels LLC by calling us on 913-642-2006.
This is the summer vacation time for all the children. It is that time of the year that most children look forward to. This is the apt time to participate in various summer activities on the part of both children and parents which can play a huge role in shaping their personality. As parents, it is your responsibility to organize interesting activities for your children or they may end up getting too much screen time.
Here’s a lowdown on a series of things for kids to do everyday- one activity for the weekdays of summer. These tips have been provided by professional maid services in Overland Park.
Make Good use of Nearby Parks– Go to your local park’s website, print the schedule of activities and tape it to the refrigerator.
Dig in the Sand at the Beach- It does not matter if it is in the ocean, lake or bay.
Complete a Home Project– Home project may include house cleaning where you can find ways to let the kids help.
Grow Vegetables and Flowers.
Decorate your Walkways with Chalk.
Plant a Butterfly Garden- There can be nothing better than watching the butterflies flutter by.
Take a Road Trip to a Nearby City– You can just spend the night if you can or can also make it a day trip.
Meet Friends at the Playground– This is popular, not groundbreaking, nonetheless.
Go to a Nearby Museum that you have never been to before.
Try a few science experiments with your kids which will not only be fun but also will be educational.
Visit a Historic House- Kids will be amazed at what the old-timers lived without.
Go Fishing– There cannot be a more fun activity than this.
White Water Rafting- If you are really adventurous, try white water rafting with your kids or any other adventure sport.
Mastering a New Skill– There are so many things that one can master like learning to juggle, playing a musical instrument, doing the hula hoop, etc.
Play Brainteaser Games like “The Gordians Knot” or “Rubik’s Cube” with your kids which can play a key role in building their brains.
Search for a Free Concert Near you.
Run in the Yard- Kickball, wiffleball, Frisbee, and the tag will keep you moving.
Creating Art with Beach Items like Seashells.
Flying a Kite.
Make Play Dough Creations– Then rip them up and do it again.
Join a Summer Reading Club– You can sign up your child for a summer reading club which can prove to be highly beneficial for them.
Set Up a Badminton Net– You could use it for volleyball too.
A good thing that you can do on your own property is creating a treasure hunt for kids.
Joining a Junior Ranger Program– Both national parks and many state parks have them.
Play croquet on the lawn.
Being parents, you can also teach your kids to skip stones.
Visit a Local Farmers Market– Feast on the fruits and veggies of the season.
Summer vacation is also the best time for going ahead with professional maid or house cleaning services in Overland Park. While you would be out with your children or performing a activity together, the professionals will take care of your house.
For professional house cleaning services in the Overland Park area, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience.