It is very natural for soap scum, mildew and hard water spots to form on home surfaces. Hard water deposits are alkaline, so an acid-based cleaner is the best way to clean them. What may appear to be hard to clean can really be a simple fix, with these tips.
Here’s a lowdown on a few hard water spots cleaning tips from move in cleaning Overland Park professionals.
You’ll Need- Acid-based or phosphoric acid cleaner, lime scale remover, water and white nylon-backed sponge.
- First and foremost, apply an acid-based cleaner, phosphoric-acid cleaner or lime scale remover to the hard water spot. An acid-based cleaner is the best way to clean them as hard water deposits are alkaline. Phosphoric acid works well and is safe for most surfaces. Grocery store cleansers with phosphoric acid contain 4 to 6 percent acid. You can purchase lime scale removers at janitorial supply stores as well that contain 8 to 12 percent acid which will help to get the job done faster.
- After application, let the acid sit for a few minutes.
- With a white, nylon-backed scrub sponge, scrub the applied areas and rinse the surface thoroughly with water.
- Hard water deposits may be tough which may require more than one application. You can consider a higher concentration of acid which is safe on most household surfaces provided you rinse the surface to remove all traces of the acid after the cleaning is complete.
A very important thing to keep in mind is the fact that prior to applying phosphoric acid solutions to surfaces, read any manufacturer’s warnings.
For house cleaning services in the Overland Park region, you can approach Tidy Up Angels LLC. It is just a matter of a call and the experts will land at your doorstep and carry out the work resulting in you getting a clean and tidy home.
Some of our services include:
Put on Market Cleaning
We specialize in put on market cleaning: we understand the impact a clean home can make as you try to sell your home.
Custom House Cleaning
Designed to provide you with a more detailed level of cleaning. We service your home top to bottom. Everything from blinds, baseboards, ceiling fans, floors, the works!
Move-In House Cleaning
When you are shifting houses, you do not want to live with all the dirt and smell left by the previous occupants of the house. Professionals will work in order for you to find yourself in almost a new house when you move in. The kitchens will be scrubbed, the rooms tidied and the floors polished before you enter your house.
Move-out House Cleaning
Suppose you want to rent your house and would want the new tenants to have a good impression about you, then it is best to approach these services. Specialized cleaning services staff will take care of removing the dust and dirt from your house by using modern equipment. You can expect to create a good impression on your prospective tenants or clients.
Why Tidy Up Angels LLC
Integrity– Integrity is at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers.
Transparency- There is no secrecy to how we arrive at our price. You are in control at every step of the way.
We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Glass-top stoves come with a lot of advantages, not only do they add a sleek, minimalist look, but also come with the major benefit of not having to clean or replace drip pans or burner grates. But the biggest disadvantage is the fact that even the smallest spill or splatter can seem much more noticeable. When cleaning it, you need to be very much careful. You need to clean it without scratching it so that you can keep your kitchen looking its best.
These tips are from house cleaning services in Overland Park:
The Basics- Never clean your stovetop while the surface is still hot; check manufacturer’s instructions so that you don’t accidentally void any warranties. When it comes to glass top stove, certain ranges require you to use a specific type of cleaning product; when it comes to the tools to use for cleaning glass top stove, scouring pads or scrub brushes could leave scratches. Stick to softer cleaning materials, such as microfiber cloths or sponges.
Dirtier Glass Top Stoves Cleaning Tips
You’ll Need- baking soda, a spray bottle of distilled white vinegar, a clean towel, a clean sink basin or bucket filled with hot water and microfiber cloths.
- Spray the surface of the stovetop generously with vinegar once it is cool and sprinkle baking soda over the liquid you just sprayed.
- After dipping your clean towel in the hot water, wring out the excess liquid.
- Place the towel over the baking soda and vinegar on the stovetop and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe away the baking soda and the vinegar after removing the towel.
- Spritz the surface with vinegar again and use a clean microfiber cloth to buff any streaks out.
- Repeat the above steps until your stovetop is free of residue.
Regular Glass-top Stoves Cleaning
It is advisable that you wipe down your stovetop after each use to prevent build up of residue and collection of dust through that.
You’ll Need– A spray bottle of water or distilled white vinegar and microfiber cloths.
- Spritz a cool stovetop with vinegar or water.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe the liquid away and use a dry cloth to buff out any streaks.
A Razor Blade for cleaning a glass top stove
You’ll Need– A razor blade in a holder or scraper tool, distilled white vinegar in a spray bottle and a microfiber cloth.
- Check your manufacturer’s instructions prior to using a razor blade on your glass-top stove as the manual may advise against using a razor blade.
- Spritz any offending areas with vinegar (after making sure the surface is cool) which will help soften burnt-on residue.
- With the razor, scrape the residue gently and for that it is important to hold the razor properly. Lightly scrape at debris until it comes free.
- With a clean microfiber cloth, wipe away residue.
- Repeat the above steps as necessary.
If you need a hand in keeping your kitchen tidy, Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park is not far away from you. We are just a call away, contact us in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. We will be more than happy in lending our helping hand to keep your cooking space nice and neat.
Bathroom cleaning is probably not one of the top favorite activities among people after all, there are very few things more unpleasant than a filthy bathroom. It is one of the most important things that needs to be done. It is important that you thoroughly tackle all the surfaces when it’s time to clean the bathroom which will enable you in keeping the bathroom tidy at all given times. With routine maintenance, it will also not take that long the next time you clean.
Here’s a bathroom cleaning checklist from home cleaning Overland Park professionals which can be of help to you:
Preparation before Clean-up– It is important that you plan your bathroom clean in advance. Set a scheduled day and time for that and stick to it. Neatly fold and hang towels and put the bathmat in the washing machine. Also, pull the shower curtain to one side, so you have no problem reaching all the surfaces in the shower. When using strong cleaning products, do change into clothes that you don’t mind being damaged or stained. Apart from keeping shower scrubs and grout cleaner off clothes, also keep them off your toiletries. Clear the shower of toothbrushes, toothpaste, loofas, shampoos and so forth which you can set on a clean towel on the bathroom floor.
Tub Scrubbing– Although bathtubs are great for soaking, but long baths have a tendency to leave unsightly rings around the tub.
Prior to pulling out the scrub brush and scouring agents, check what is your tub made of. While porcelain tubs are fairly resilient, enamel and acrylic (or plastic) tubs can fade or get scratched if you use overly harsh or acidic chemicals. It is better to test a spot on the bathtub first to rule out potential stains or damage.
Toilet- Of course, you’ll need a toilet brush and toilet cleaner over here. Do wear gloves and get under the rim of the toilet so that you get all of the fun things growing under there out. Make sure to thoroughly wash down every side of your toilet seat using a general cleaner. Finally, wipe the toilet tank, lid and sides.
Sink- Like the tub, you need to see what kind of material your sink is made of prior to deciding on the cleaner. Also, pull the stopper out and give it a good wipe down.
Clean the Shower– You’ll need to be prepared to cleaning the following to make your shower shine:
- Shower walls, floors and doors– Make a scum remover using a solution of ¼ cup vinegar and ¾ cup water. Mix the liquids in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat before loading the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your shower walls, floor and door with the mixture and let that sit for about 3 minutes. Then, wipe everything down. Be careful though, you should never use vinegar on stone floors.
- Showerheads– Getting rid of mineral deposits and gunk is as easy as soaking the fixture overnight in white vinegar. Just mix one-part vinegar and one-part water in a plastic sandwich bag. Secure that to the shower head with a rubber band, and you’re set.
Others– After you are done with cleaning the major parts of the bathrooms, move on and focus on the room’s smaller components like floors, mirrors, grout, fixtures, etc.
Remember, it is important to maintain a regular schedule to keep your bathroom clean. Ideally, you should scrub the bathroom once a week. But prior to starting to scrub, check all your products—from grout cleaner to mildew remover—to make sure they’re safe for the surfaces you’re working on. Also, be aware of the household products that are dangerous when mixed.
For home cleaning Overland Park services, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Summer is here which has brought with it longer days and increased temperatures. It is a good idea to be prepared by cleaning and maintaining your window air conditioners prior to the hot weather hitting its heyday.
We are listing a few DIY methods from cleaning services in Overland Park, which can help you beat the heat with minimal time and tools. Always remember to unplug your AC before cleaning it.
Cleaning Window AC Unit Filters
The window ACs do a lot of work especially during the summer. If you ever notice that your unit seems to be blasting out less of that sweet cool air than usual, it might be because you’ve forgotten to clean or — in the case of some units — replace your filter. Clean your filter monthly and replace non-reusable filters every two to three months. Clean or replace your filter a little more frequently if you have allergies or live in an area with a lot of pollen. For cleaning,
You’ll Need– A vacuum cleaner, dish soap, a sponge, warm water and an old towel.
- Use the vacuum to remove any dust that’s built up after sliding the filter out.
- In a clean laundry room sink, combine warm water with dish soap.
- Clean the filter, using the sponge to remove any tough dust bunny clingers.
- Under the tap, run the filter until the water is clear. Make sure you wash all the soap out.
- Lay the filter on the towel to dry. After it has dried, return it to your air conditioner.
Cleaning Window Air Conditioner Coils and Coil Fins
Most window units have two sets of coils. The evaporator coils are located underneath the filter, while the condenser coils are located at the back of the air conditioner. Both sets of coils can be cleaned in the same way.
You’ll Need– A vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment and an old toothbrush.
- Remove dirt by vacuuming the coils with the brush attachment.
- Use the toothbrush for removing any stubborn bits of debris.
Cleaning Window AC After Storage
You AC is most likely covered in dust and cobwebs when you unpack it from the attic or basement. You, most probably, will not want the debris to blow all over your house which means you should clean the outside of your AC. Use a microfiber cloth and some water to get all the grime off the outside.
Tip– Cover your window AC unit next winter with a sheet of plastic or tarp before storing it.
There’s not much to learning how to clean a window air conditioner. All it takes is a little time to keep your home comfortable through the hotter months. If you have decided on going ahead with professional cleaning services in Overland Park, there can be nothing better than that.
In Overland Park, you can contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience.
There are many houses that have showers with doors instead of curtains which can be attributed to the changing trends in home design. The disadvantage of having shower doors is that hard water stains and soap scum will be put on full display, whether your glass is frosted or not.
We can help you in removing hard water stains from shower doors using natural DIY solutions. This list is by professional maid service Overland Park providers.
Vinegar for Cleaning Shower Doors– Vinegar can prove to be highly effective.
You’ll Need– distilled white vinegar, distilled water, a microwave-safe bowl, a spray bottle and microfiber cloths.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix one-part vinegar to three parts water.
- Microwave the mixture for 60 seconds and pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Mist the shower doors with the solution and let this sit for three to five minutes.
- Wipe the doors dry with a microfiber cloth, working from top to bottom.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to buff out any streak.
Cleaning Shower Doors with Ammonia– A DIY ammonia-based cleaner can help you get a streak-free shine on glass tabletops.
You’ll Need– two tablespoons of ammonia, two quarts of warm distilled water, a large spray bottle and microfiber cloths.
- In your spray bottle, mix the ammonia and water together and apply the solution to your shower doors.
- Leave the cleaner on the door for three to five minutes.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe the solution from the door working from the top to the bottom.
- Use a fresh cloth to remove any remaining streaks.
Shower Door Cleaning with Lemon– Use lemons in cleaning your shower doors as Citric acid has some amazing cleaning properties, and lemon juice smells great as well.
You’ll Need– Two or three lemons (always pick heavy lemons at the store), a spray bottle, distilled water and microfiber cloths.
- Squeeze about 3 tablespoons of juice from the lemons and mix it with a cup of distilled water in your spray bottle.
- Mix the liquids by shaking the bottle thoroughly.
- Spray the shower doors with the solution and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Wipe the solution from the glass using downward motions.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to buff any streaks.
Shower Doors Cleaning on a Regular Basis– When it comes to a DIY method, there is nothing foolproof that will keep hard water stains, mildew and soap scum from coming back forever. You can slow these bathroom baddies down by doing two easy things regularly:
- Wipe down doors and walls with a dry microfiber cloth after each shower.
- When your bathroom isn’t in use, keep the doors open which will allow air to circulate, which can help prevent mildew growth.
Keep in mind that hard water stains build up over time. There are no two ways that regular cleaning will improve the condition of the door, but the surface may never be completely restored to its original state. The easiest way to keep hard water stains and soap scum from taking over shower doors is to let someone else take care of them for you like maid service providers.
In the Overland Park region, you can approach the acclaimed Tidy Up Angels LLC which has been providing residential cleaning to the region since 2008. There is no secrecy to how we arrive at our price. You are in control at every step of the way. Contact us on 913-642-2006.