Summer is here which has brought with it longer days and increased temperatures. It is a good idea to be prepared by cleaning and maintaining your window air conditioners prior to the hot weather hitting its heyday.
We are listing a few DIY methods from cleaning services in Overland Park, which can help you beat the heat with minimal time and tools. Always remember to unplug your AC before cleaning it.
Cleaning Window AC Unit Filters
The window ACs do a lot of work especially during the summer. If you ever notice that your unit seems to be blasting out less of that sweet cool air than usual, it might be because you’ve forgotten to clean or — in the case of some units — replace your filter. Clean your filter monthly and replace non-reusable filters every two to three months. Clean or replace your filter a little more frequently if you have allergies or live in an area with a lot of pollen. For cleaning,
You’ll Need– A vacuum cleaner, dish soap, a sponge, warm water and an old towel.
- Use the vacuum to remove any dust that’s built up after sliding the filter out.
- In a clean laundry room sink, combine warm water with dish soap.
- Clean the filter, using the sponge to remove any tough dust bunny clingers.
- Under the tap, run the filter until the water is clear. Make sure you wash all the soap out.
- Lay the filter on the towel to dry. After it has dried, return it to your air conditioner.
Cleaning Window Air Conditioner Coils and Coil Fins
Most window units have two sets of coils. The evaporator coils are located underneath the filter, while the condenser coils are located at the back of the air conditioner. Both sets of coils can be cleaned in the same way.
You’ll Need– A vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment and an old toothbrush.
- Remove dirt by vacuuming the coils with the brush attachment.
- Use the toothbrush for removing any stubborn bits of debris.
Cleaning Window AC After Storage
You AC is most likely covered in dust and cobwebs when you unpack it from the attic or basement. You, most probably, will not want the debris to blow all over your house which means you should clean the outside of your AC. Use a microfiber cloth and some water to get all the grime off the outside.
Tip– Cover your window AC unit next winter with a sheet of plastic or tarp before storing it.
There’s not much to learning how to clean a window air conditioner. All it takes is a little time to keep your home comfortable through the hotter months. If you have decided on going ahead with professional cleaning services in Overland Park, there can be nothing better than that.
In Overland Park, you can contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience.
There are many houses that have showers with doors instead of curtains which can be attributed to the changing trends in home design. The disadvantage of having shower doors is that hard water stains and soap scum will be put on full display, whether your glass is frosted or not.
We can help you in removing hard water stains from shower doors using natural DIY solutions. This list is by professional maid service Overland Park providers.
Vinegar for Cleaning Shower Doors– Vinegar can prove to be highly effective.
You’ll Need– distilled white vinegar, distilled water, a microwave-safe bowl, a spray bottle and microfiber cloths.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix one-part vinegar to three parts water.
- Microwave the mixture for 60 seconds and pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Mist the shower doors with the solution and let this sit for three to five minutes.
- Wipe the doors dry with a microfiber cloth, working from top to bottom.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to buff out any streak.
Cleaning Shower Doors with Ammonia– A DIY ammonia-based cleaner can help you get a streak-free shine on glass tabletops.
You’ll Need– two tablespoons of ammonia, two quarts of warm distilled water, a large spray bottle and microfiber cloths.
- In your spray bottle, mix the ammonia and water together and apply the solution to your shower doors.
- Leave the cleaner on the door for three to five minutes.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe the solution from the door working from the top to the bottom.
- Use a fresh cloth to remove any remaining streaks.
Shower Door Cleaning with Lemon– Use lemons in cleaning your shower doors as Citric acid has some amazing cleaning properties, and lemon juice smells great as well.
You’ll Need– Two or three lemons (always pick heavy lemons at the store), a spray bottle, distilled water and microfiber cloths.
- Squeeze about 3 tablespoons of juice from the lemons and mix it with a cup of distilled water in your spray bottle.
- Mix the liquids by shaking the bottle thoroughly.
- Spray the shower doors with the solution and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Wipe the solution from the glass using downward motions.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to buff any streaks.
Shower Doors Cleaning on a Regular Basis– When it comes to a DIY method, there is nothing foolproof that will keep hard water stains, mildew and soap scum from coming back forever. You can slow these bathroom baddies down by doing two easy things regularly:
- Wipe down doors and walls with a dry microfiber cloth after each shower.
- When your bathroom isn’t in use, keep the doors open which will allow air to circulate, which can help prevent mildew growth.
Keep in mind that hard water stains build up over time. There are no two ways that regular cleaning will improve the condition of the door, but the surface may never be completely restored to its original state. The easiest way to keep hard water stains and soap scum from taking over shower doors is to let someone else take care of them for you like maid service providers.
In the Overland Park region, you can approach the acclaimed Tidy Up Angels LLC which has been providing residential cleaning to the region since 2008. There is no secrecy to how we arrive at our price. You are in control at every step of the way. Contact us on 913-642-2006.
As you must be knowing that there are a variety of all-natural cleaners — such as vinegar or lemon juice —but finding green cleaning tools can be tricky. This is especially true when it comes to paper towels. Paper towels are incredibly helpful, but they’re also disposable which might not be ideal if you’re looking to reduce your carbon footprint or live a more sustainable lifestyle. Fortunately, there are green cleaning supplies available for people to choose from.
Here’s a list of two environmentally friendly options from home cleaning Overland Park professionals and learn what to use instead of paper towels:
Microfiber Cloths– Microfiber cloths are known for being not only absorbent but quick drying. In addition, the tiny split fibers of these cloths are very effective when it comes to cleaning because they’re small enough to pick up dust and dirt particles, as well as many bacteria. You would be surprised to know that some microfiber cloths can withstand even more than 500 washings when taken care of properly.
Bamboo Towles- Bamboo paper towels are one of the newer paper towel alternatives on the market which can be purchased online and are mostly sold in a roll. Bamboo towels are gaining immense popularity among people which can be attributed to the fact that they are more durable than regular paper, meaning you don’t need as many per mess. Each roll has 20 sheets, which means one roll of bamboo towels can net you about 2,000 uses.
Ways to use the paper towel alternatives:
The following three tips can help you to use these cleaning supplies in the best possible way.
- Regardless of whether you’re cleaning a sink or washing a cutting board, there’s a good chance your green cleaning supplies will come into contact with microorganisms that could be harmful to your health if left unchecked. So, make sure you wash paper towel alternatives often (on a regular basis). It is better to keep them in their own hamper.
- Color coding can be very helpful when using microfiber cloths. You would most probably not want to wipe down the kitchen counters with the same cloths you used to clean the toilet, even if they’ve been washed. It is better that you purchase microfiber cloths that are sold in multicolor packs and then assign green to kitchen chores, blue to the bathroom and yellow to dusting, which will eliminate this concern.
- You can save a lot of money if you go for paper towel alternatives. You have to care for the products properly in order to reap the economic benefits. Look up the internet about how to clean a microfiber cloth and follow the care instructions for your bamboo paper towels.
There can be nothing better than going green by going ahead with paper towel alternatives. It might take some time for getting used to, but once you’re in the full swing of going green, you will never go back to your old ways of using disposable products.
If you are looking for house cleaning services in Overland Park, Tidy Up Angels LLC in the region is the place for you.
We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Bathroom being one of the smallest rooms in the home, is often filled to the brim with toiletries, towels and a range of other items. Clutter is almost certain to happen, when small rooms are the holding area for so many necessities. But not to worry, you can easily flush the chaos right out of your bathroom by following some washroom organization ideas from professional cleaning services in Overland Park.
Throw Out Old Toiletries– You need a good purge before any kind of organization endeavor so take everything out of your cabinets and drawers and place everything in a laundry basket. Go through them and get rid of unwanted things like half-empty boxes and bottles, expired beauty products that you will (should) never use again, stretched out hair ties, expired medications and all other things that somehow wind up in bathrooms yet serve no purpose.
Use Mason Jars- Mason jars are quite functional apart from being trendy which can be attributed to the fact that their usefulness extends well outside the kitchen. They can make a huge difference in terms of bathroom storage. They come in many shapes and sizes and a few of the things you can contain in them includes toothbrushes and toothpaste, glasses, razors, makeup brushes, cotton balls and swabs and so forth.
Drawer Dividers– Investing in drawer dividers can prove to be highly beneficial which will enable you in keeping everything from nail clippers and tweezers to hair ties and toothpaste in a designated space.
Make use of Wide Open Walls– When it comes to bathroom organization, shelves can prove to be a game-changer as they are in the kitchen or pantry. Adding a few floating shelves can help you to hold bathroom storage items and also create more room for spare rolls of toilet paper, your lipstick collection, makeup, shaving cream.
Don’t Forget the Shower– You cannot (and should not) forget the shower when you are thinking about how to organize your bathroom because those shampoos and body washes can pile up. A few of the valuable bathroom storage ideas include:
- Invest in a shower curtain with pockets for all your various bath time needs.
- You can keep shampoos, face wash, soap, body wash and loofahs in order in a shower caddy.
- Hang a mesh bag from the shower wall using a suction cup or adhesive hook for the kiddos’ toys.
Organizing the bathroom properly will not only make your post-workout shower more relaxing, it will also make your washroom easier to clean. Hope our tips prove to be useful for you. If you are on the lookout for professional house cleaning services in Overland Park, Tidy Up Angels LLC is the one-stop solution for you. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the region since 2008. Our house cleaning services include:
- Move in/Move out cleaning
- Custom House Cleaning
- Put on market cleaning
One should maintain a tidy home throughout the year. A routine maintenance or lighter cleaning can keep your house orderly week by week whereas a deeper, more detailed process will set you up for success the rest of the year.
Here’s a lowdown on tips from maid services in Overland Park that will ensure you are properly deep cleaning your home.
Setting a proper schedule is the key to deep cleaning the house as it isn’t a chore you can conquer one day after work, so plan accordingly. Create a list of each of the rooms you’ll need to deep clean and the tasks you’ll need to complete as you go. Give yourself several weekends to complete your deep cleaning which totally depends on the size of your home.
A proper schedule for deep cleaning the house room by room:
Weekend 1: Bedrooms
- Wipe off knickknacks, surfaces, ceiling fans and baseboards, remembering to clean behind your headboard
- Flip or rotate mattresses
- Wash bed linens, including duvets and mattress pads
- Clean under your bed
- Organize bedroom closets
- Clean window treatments
Weekend 2: Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Organize the pantry and clean the tops and insides of kitchen cabinets.
- Vacuum and wash the floor behind the fridge.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils and the vent at the bottom of the refrigerator.
- Clean and organize your refrigerator.
- Clean window treatments, sinks, the stovetop and the oven.
- Wipe down countertops, appliances and cabinet surfaces.
- Dust light fixtures and clear cobwebs out of the corners
- Clean tubs, showers, toilets and sinks
- Clean shower curtains (or replace them) and bathmats
- Wash surfaces and mirrors
- Clean window treatments
Weekend 3: Common and Outdoor Areas
Outdoor area jobs:
- Wash any outdoor furniture and decor.
- Sweep patios, porches or decks.
- Store any out-of-season decorations.
Common Area Tasks:
- Wipe down surfaces, standing lamps and cobwebbed corners
- Clean furniture and lampshades with your vacuum’s upholstery attachment
- Straighten up the room
Ways to deep cleaning the house:
Make certain that you are working from the top of the room to the bottom when you are deep cleaning your home because through that way any dust or dirt that you knock down as you clean can be vacuumed once you’ve finished in each room.
- Clean light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Toss unused or expired household items.
- Wash baseboards by moving furniture.
- Clean window treatments.
- Vacuum, mop and wash your floors based on what your floors are made of.
- Wash windows, window sills and door frames.
- Wash out trash cans.
- Change smoke detector batteries.
- Do check the expiration dates on fire extinguishers.
Each time you tackle a room, make sure to complete these chores so that you get the most out of your deep cleaning efforts. If you are thinking about going for cleaning services in the Overland Park region, Tidy Up Angels LLC is the place for you. Some of our services include custom house cleaning, put on market cleaning, move in cleaning Overland Park and move out cleaning.
Tidy Up Angels LLC conducts detailed cleaning of your home that lasts several hours during your initial cleaning visit. When it comes to knowing how to deep clean your house room by room, Tidy Up Angels LLC has you covered. Contact us to schedule your home’s deep cleaning today. For more information, call on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.