Now that spring has sprung, you’re probably ready to have those windows and sliding glass doors open to blow away the residual feelings of a stuffy winter. It is important as well. But once you begin airing out your home, you are most likely to notice how grimy your window tracks have gotten while the house was shut up. All of this all the more highlights the importance of spring cleaning.
Here’s a lowdown on a few tips on how to clean the window tracks from cleaning services in Overland Park which will help you welcome the cool breezes into your home.
Clean Window Tracks with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Like we all know, baking soda and vinegar are amazing natural cleaning products. They can be as effective in cleaning your dingy window tracks.
You will need: a vacuum with a crevice tool, distilled white vinegar, baking soda, a spray bottle, an old toothbrush and microfiber cloths.
- After pouring a cup of vinegar into the spray bottle, set the nozzle to mist.
- With the vacuum, remove as much lose debris as possible.
- Sprinkle a little bit of baking soda along your window tracks. Do not go wild, as the baking soda may fizz violently after reacting with the vinegar, which will leave you with a new mess to clean up.
- Spritz the baking soda with vinegar to dampen the track.
- Use the old toothbrush in order to loosen dirt in the tracks.
- With a microfiber cloth, wipe the solution away.
- Do switch your cloth out for a new one when it’s dirty.
Use a Clothes Steamer for Cleaning Window Tracks
A garment steamer has many outside-the-boxes uses which can come in handy in each and every room. You will also be able to easily clean the window tracks with it. But you need to be mindful of a few things when employing it.
- Firstly, you should conduct a spot test.
- Do not use this cleaning method when windows are still cold, as the extreme temperature difference between the steam and the glass could lead to cracking.
- Avoid steam cleaning window panes or tracks that are made of finished wood, as well as surfaces that have been polished, waxed or freshly painted.
You will need: a garment steamer, a vacuum with a crevice tool, microfiber cloths and distilled water.
- For adding and heating of water, follow the steamer’s instructions.
- Use the vacuum and crevice tool to remove as much debris as possible while the garment steamer is heating.
- After the steamer is ready, use it to break up the stuck-on grime that’s in your window tracks.
- Wipe away the loosened debris with a microfiber cloth after you are finished with steaming.
- Repeat the steps C and D until the tracks are clean. Do make sure to replace your microfiber cloth when it starts to get soiled.
These are some of the simple ways that can prove to be effective in cleaning window tracks. In addition to this, learn how to care for curtains and drapes prior to using these tips for keeping your windows streak-free.
For housekeeping back-up, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC in Overland Park on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. Some of our services include:
- Move In cleaning Overland Park
- Custom House cleaning
- Move Out cleaning Overland Park
Put On Market cleaning