Fireplaces, blankets, warm drinks… There is no doubt fall is the beginning of the home-y season. But before you begin to transition to spending more time indoors—especially if you’re hosting guests during the holidays—get your house super ready for increased habitation with this ultimate cleaning checklist.
In the Kitchen & Bathroom
- Clean your kitchen grout.
- Clean your bathroom grout.
- Clean your refrigerator coils, if applicable.
- Clean under your refrigerator.
- Clean the inside of your dishwasher.
- Clean and condition the wood of your bathroom and kitchen cabinets.
- Clean your oven.
- Wash and disinfect all the garbage cans.
In the Bedroom (and Closet)
- Refresh bedding that isn’t regularly washed (comforters, pillows, etc.).
- Vacuum and flip mattresses.
- Put cold-weather linens on the beds.
- Switch out seasonal clothes.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture.
- Vacuum under your upholstered furniture cushions.
- Polish your wood furniture.
- Wash artificial plants.
- Dust living plants’ leaves.
- Wipe down your screens (TV, computer, etc.).
- Clean all keyboards and remote controls.
- Wash your walls.
- Wash your windows, window sills, and all the window groves.
- Clean your washer and dryer.
- Clean your doorknobs, doors, and lightswitch plates.
- Vacuum under all beds, couches, and other furniture.
- Dust the tops of doors and door frames.
- Spot clean carpets and rugs.
- Clean floors underneath area rugs.
- Wash curtains or have them cleaned.
- Remove and rinse your window screens.
- Wash your washable vacuum cleaner filters.
- Clean your baseboards.
Tackle Some Seasonal Maintenance
- Change your HVAC air filter.
- Replace your fire alarm batteries.
- Condition your leather furniture.
- Dust your ceiling fans and set them to turn so air circulates upward.
- Sweep the chimney and/or have it checked.
- Clean out rain gutters.
If you have to much on your plate we have the solution for all your Overland Park whole house cleaning services Call the Tidy Up Angels today at 913-642-2006 – or fill out our online estimator for your home:
https://www.tidyupangels.com/house-cleaning/ And ask us about our whole house cleaning services in Overland Park KS for great specials!
There are very few people who enjoy cleaning the bathroom. It’s a chore that is often put off until hard water stains and soap scum take on personalities of their own. Having your washroom cleaning supplies organized can enable you in tackling these tasks more easily. With all the cleaning tools in place, it will become a lot easier to attack the issue right then and there.
Here are a few washroom cleansing tips that can help you put together a kit to make it easier and more effective to keep your powder room in pristine condition. The tips are from maid service Overland Park providers:
You need to properly clean the materials in your powder room prior to organizing the washroom cleansing tools and products. A good example in this regard, vinegar is a great cleaner that can work wonders in the bathroom, but it can permanently damage stone, marble and similar materials. Therefore, it is recommended to stick to dishwashing liquid. The same is true for washing bathtubs coated with enamel.
Points to Remember:
- Do consult manufacturer’s care instructions and product recommendations when possible.
- Always conduct a spot test in a small inconspicuous area.
The Washroom Supplies Kit:
You should have a bin or caddy that has different compartments which will help you to properly organize the cleansing tools and also prevent spills.
Dishwashing Gloves– It can get gross when carrying out the chore. Keep a pair of clean dishwashing gloves on hand so you can keep the contact between your fingertips and the toilet rim to a minimum.
Dishwashing Liquid– Have a bottle of dish soap in your supplies kit which can be used to make almost everything in your bathroom shine.
Microfiber Cloths– They are reusable, gentle and can lift bacteria. Keep a stack in your kit as you can use them to clean and polish everything from shower walls and toilet tops to bathroom mirrors and chrome fixtures.
Toilet Brush– This is the most important. Many people do not prefer keeping it because they don’t want toilet water on their other bathroom cleaning supplies. It is advisable that you keep the toilet brush in a stand which will make it more accessible.
Baking Soda– Baking soda can play a huge role in fighting difficult soap scum, cleaning chrome or trying to remove rust stains from your tub. Stock up on this ace supply whenever you see it on sale.
Spray Bottle with Distilled Water- Keep a bottle of distilled water in your tool kit which can help you remove hard water spots.
Vinegar in a Spray Bottle– Distilled white vinegar is a powerful cleansing tool that can help you fight soap scum, clean shower door tracks and remove toilet rings.
Old Toothbrush– They have plenty of housekeeping uses. You can employ them as grout-cleaning tools long after you’ve taken them out of the oral hygiene rotation.
Shower Cleaning Tips:
Removing Hard Water Stains– These spots form when the minerals from hard water build up on your shower doors and walls, leaving an unsightly opaque film. The task of cleansing hard water stains might seem difficult while scrubbing your shower, but it is not impossible. Do not use brushes, heavy duty cleaning tools or caustic scouring powders on shower doors as that can leave permanent scratches. Invest in a good water spot remover. Distilled white vinegar which you can find in your kitchen cabinet can double as an excellent water spot remover. You can use the same vinegar to clean the tracks of your doors. You can soak your shower head in the liquid to remove mineral build-up that’s accumulated over time.
Removing Soap Scum– Soap wreaks havoc on shower walls and floors. The slimy gunk can be dangerous if enough builds up on the shower floor. It is advisable that you go for a good soap scum remover. You can easily find a soap scum remove online or in the grocery store.
Hope, this information is useful for you. If your shower is in dire need of some attention or if you don’t have enough time to clean your bathroom. Call the Tidy Up Angels today at 913-642-2006 – or fill out our online estimator for your home: https://www.tidyupangels.com/house-cleaning/ And ask us about our whole house cleaning services in Leawood KS specials.