Kitchens take a messy beating between hurried breakfasts in the morning, weeknight meals, and food-centric get-togethers. A little routine cleaning and regular upkeep results in a neat space day to day and makes more in-depth monthly kitchen cleaning less daunting. The key to sticking to a routine is creating a cleaning list that works for your schedule and preferences. Use these kitchen cleaning checklist ideas as a guideline and make them your own.
A few minutes of daily cleaning keeps on track and messes at bay. With day-to-day grime wiped away, more thorough weekly and monthly cleanings aren’t such a chore.
- Spray and wipe the countertops and range top. Clean off splatters from the vent hood, too.
- Sweep the floor and wipe up spills.
- Scrub the sink with a general-purpose cleaner. Then wipe dry.
- Deal with dishes: Unload clean dishes from the dishwasher and take care of hand-wash dishes as soon as possible.
- Tidy up and put away stray items. Relocate anything that doesn’t belong in the kitchen to its proper home.
Set aside some time every week to take your daily cleaning a bit deeper. Pick a time during the week when your schedule is usually free and make a date with your kitchen. Establish an order and process that works for you and before long, you’ll be able to breeze through this weekly kitchen cleaning checklist.
With a regular and frequent basic cleaning routine in place, a monthly kitchen deep-clean will be a breeze. Turn your attention to the places that miss most of the day-to-day grime but still benefit from an occasional once-over.
As you establish your cleaning routine, keep these smart tips and tricks in mind:
- Commit to your routine with a printed checklist. The visual presence of a kitchen duties checklist is a good reminder and having something to check off feels like an accomplishment.
- Tackle spills and messes as they happen and be thorough. Spilled milk that splashes across the counter and onto the floor also tends to find its way into odd places. Open drawers and cabinets to assess the extent of the mess.
- Keep a spray bottle of your favorite homemade cleaner or all-purpose cleaner handy for quick and efficient cleanup.
- Know your kitchen materials. What is suitable for laminate countertops may do a number on granite or quartz. With material-appropriate cleaners, your kitchen surfaces will stay sparkling.
- Keep a broom and dustpan in the kitchen for sweeping after meals and cooking sessions.
- Clutter can be a foil to your cleaning routine goals. Get in the habit of returning things that don’t belong in the kitchen to their rightful homes. Do a regular purge of your pantry, freezer, and refrigerator contents.
- Delegate, or divide and conquer, and make cleaning a collaborative effort by assigning tasks to family members.
Tired of scrubbing and cleaning the kitchen and just didn’t get to it and want to be done with it – call the Tidy Up Angels and we will do your entire house cleaning. Call the Tidy Up Angels today at 913-642-2006 – or fill out our online estimator for your home: https://www.tidyupangels.com/house-cleaning/ And ask us about our whole house cleaning services in Leawood KS specials.