Kitchen sponge is the filthiest item in the house but are you aware of the sponge bacteria facts. As per microbiologists and pathologists, not only is the sponge moist which makes it easy for disease-causing bacteria to grow, but also are covered in food particles. You yourself are helping the bacteria to thrive by providing them whatever they need. You would most probably not like to give dinner guests cramps and send your loved ones running to the washroom after having a meal.
Here’s a lowdown on a few tips for cleaning dish sponges that you should be familiar with from maid services in Overland Park that can prove to be highly beneficial:
Clean your Sponges on a Regular Basis– Cleaning the sponge daily can significantly decrease the odds of spreading bacteria around the kitchen. Microwaving is another effective option. In a microwave, keep a wet sponge for one to two minutes and turn it on. Let it cool before removing it. Along with your dishes, you can wash your sponge in the dishwasher as well.
Go for a Microfiber Sponge– It is advisable that you go for a microfiber if you are looking for a new clean dish sponge. Manufacturers do not make any false claims that microfiber reduces bacteria but the composition of the material helps it to dry quickly which significantly cuts short the time in which bacteria may develop. You can easily find microfiber sponges online or in your local grocery store.
Before Storing, rinse your Dish Sponge and Dry– It is mainly the food bits and dampness that leads to pathogen growth. You can hinder their progress by rinsing your sponge nicely after cleaning. Go ahead and wring as much water as possible and store the sponge in a dry area like a sponge rack.
Throw Away Sponges after a Stipulated Period of Time– Do not keep sponge for a long period of time as it may start to smell bad which is basically the smell of a happy colony of bacteria growing on the very item you use to clean your countertops and dishes. Regular cleaning of microfiber sponges can help them last as long as a month before they need replacing.
Never use a Dish Cloth– There are a few problems attached with using a dish cloth with the first problem being dish cloths don’t dry out as quickly as sponges, making them more likely to grow bacteria. People have this tendency of not washing their dish cloths as often as they should. One should remember that dish cloths should be washed on a daily basis and replaced on time.
Hope, our tips prove to be beneficial for you. Keep your kitchen cleaner by following these tips.
For maid or house cleaning services in Overland Park, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience.
You most probably use a vacuum in your routine household cleaning but when was the last time you cleaned your vacuum itself. People forget that the household cleaning tools need maintenance themselves. Keeping the cleaning appliances in pristine condition can increase their shelf-life and result in a more thorough clean.
Here’s a list from maid services in Overland Park on how you can clean your vacuum cleaner:
The vacuum needs ample airflow to work properly which you can achieve by keeping the canisters and filters clean. You need to make sure to empty your vacuum’s canister whenever it’s halfway full. Also, make sure to clean your vacuum on a regular basis following the below-mentioned instructions:
You will Need– Dishwashing liquid, microfiber cloths, scissors and grout brush.
Easy Steps to Follow:
- Remove the canister by unplugging the vacuum cleaner.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe the inside of the canister and then wash it in the sink with warm soapy water.
- Rinse away all the soap suds.
- Let it dry completely prior to replacing it.
- Next, move on to the filter, it is important that you check your manufacturer’s instructions to determine whether the filter is washable or needs to be replaced.
- Wash your filter by removing it first and then tap it against a hard surface so that any dust is knocked out.
- Using warm water, rinse the filter under the sink tap. Do not use soap or cleaners provided your manufacturer’s instructions specifically ask you to do so.
- Keep the filter to dry overnight. It should be completely dry prior to replacement.
- Next, comes the base plate. Remove it so that you can clean the beater bar.
- Remove any debris from the beater bar using a grout brush.
- Cut any threads or hair away taking care not to damage the bristles on the bar.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, wipe down the base plate of the vacuum. Next, wipe down the outside of the vacuum with the same microfiber cloth.
Hope, these tips will help you in keeping up your routine home maintenance.
Some of the other home cleaning supplies include:
Bedroom Cleaning Supplies– A bucket, several microfiber cloths, dishwashing liquid, vacuum cleaner with attachments, an extendable microfiber duster or ceiling fan cleaner, distilled white vinegar and a spray bottle.
Bathroom Cleaning Supplies List– distilled white vinegar, spray bottle, microfiber cloths, a plastic sandwich bag and a rubber band, an old toothbrush, a grout cleaner, toilet cleaner and brush.
Common area Cleaning Supplies– An extendable microfiber duster or ceiling fan cleaner, microfiber cloths, distilled white vinegar, a spray bottle, a bucket, dishwashing liquid and vacuum cleaner with upholstery attachment.
Kitchen Cleaning Supplies– Kitchen countertop cleaner, a spray bottle, microfiber cloths, baking soda, microfiber mop, dishwashing liquid and a bucket.
For house cleaning or maid services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Breaking out the nice silverware service, pitchers or trays can really elevate the mood regardless of the occasion at your place. Remember, tarnish isn’t going to impress anyone, it can be a big downer. It is important for the silver pieces to shine prior to the arrival of guests. It may happen that you may not have a drop of polish in your house, but you don’t need to worry!
We are listing a few tips on cleaning silverware using household items. These tips are from move out cleaning Overland Park service providers.
Toothpaste for Cleaning Silverware
You’ll Need– Toothpaste (use paste, not gel), microfiber cloth, a soft toothbrush and warm water.
- With a dry microfiber cloth, rub toothpaste onto the tarnished silver, see to it that the toothpaste does not scratch the silver.
- Clean detailed areas of silverware gently with a toothbrush instead of the cloth. Do not scrub as your silver pieces might get damaged.
- Rinse the silver under warm water until none of the toothpaste remains.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe the items dry.
Clean Silver with Baking Soda
You’ll Need- Baking soda, water, bowl, microfiber cloths and a soft toothbrush.
- Mix equal three parts baking soda to one-part water in a bowl and stir until you have a paste.
- After dipping your microfiber cloth into the paste, delicately rub the mixture onto your silver pieces. Be gentle.
- Using toothbrush, lightly clean any engraving or fine details. Do not scrub.
- Remove baking soda residue from silver pieces by rinsing them under running water.
- Dry your silverware with a clean microfiber cloth.
Vinegar and Baking Soda for Cleaning Silverware
You’ll Need- Aluminum foil, a glass baking dish, 1-2 cups of boiling water, ½ cup of distilled white vinegar, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of sea salt and a dry microfiber cloth.
- First and foremost, line your baking dish with aluminum foil with the shinier side facing up.
- Sprinkle the mixture of baking soda and sea salt into the dish.
- Pour the vinegar into the dish which will lead to fizz because of the reaction between baking soda and vinegar.
- Add the boiling water and place your silverware along the bottom of the baking dish.
- Let the silver soak and the timing depends on how light or heavy the tarnish is.
- With the help of tongs, remove silverware and dry them with a microfiber cloth.
You need to be very much careful if your silver pieces are very fragile and valuable. You should consider having them professionally cleaned in such a scenario.
For professional house cleaning services in the Overland Park region, contact Tidy Up Angels LLC on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008. We are a company in Overland Park that you can trust. Our goal is to provide our customers with a unique and superior cleaning experience.
Most homeowners use microfiber cloths these days for dusting and removing grime. Microfiber cloths are amazing multi-purpose housekeeping tools. It is important that you wash your microfiber cloth as even these cleaners must be cleaned at some point of time.
Here’s a lowdown on ways to cleaning the microfiber cloths from house cleaning services in Overland Park which will help them last long. Different methods for microfiber cloth cleaning:
The Dishwasher– Along with your dinner dishes, you can wash your microfiber cloth by laying your cloth flat on the top rack of the dishwasher. Hang your microfiber over your kitchen faucet for it to dry once the cleaning cycle has run its course.
The Microwave– As long as your microfiber cloth isn’t heavily soiled, you can clean the cloth in a microwave. You just need to dampen the cloth and microwave it for 60 seconds. Before removing, let the cloth cool which you can use again after it is dry.
The Washing Machine– Using warm water and a gentle liquid detergent, clean your microfiber cloths in the washer. Place the cloths in the dryer on low heat with no dryer sheet. Microfiber takes very little time to dry so check from time to time.
When using the washing machine for cleaning microfiber cloths, never use powdered detergents, fabric softener or bleach, nor should you wash your cloths in hot water. Never clean microfiber with cotton, as even the most miniscule lint particles can clog the fibers of your cloth, rendering it useless.
Microfiber cloths have a longer shelf-life compared to others. Many microfiber cloths can take up to 500 washings which is up to two years in a typical household. But, as usual they don’t last forever. You’ll get to know when it’s time to bid your current cloth adieu when it’s no longer cleaning or picking up dust like it once did.
Hope, these tips prove to be beneficial for you.
Being a resident of the Overland Park region, if you are looking for house cleaning services in Overland Park, Tidy Up Angels LLC is there for you. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.
Our house cleaning services include:
- Custom House Cleaning
- Move in/Move out cleaning
- Put on market Cleaning
Our Tidy Up Service includes:
After Party Clean Up– Take the stress out of after party clean up with our professional tidy up service crew. Whether it’s a get together with friends, a special holiday event, you can rely on us to take care of your clean up needs.
In-laws Visit Preparation– Need a quick turnaround of your main living areas to ensure that you are always ready for visitors? Let our tidy up service team spruce up part of your home for as little as $55/visit.
Reduce Monthly Cleaning Cost– Not everyone needs a detail cleaning service every week or every 2 weeks. If you want to reduce your monthly cleaning cost or increase frequency without the detail cleaning price tag, then tidy up service is designed for you. Tidy up service costs less and it focuses on the areas that matter most. (Bathrooms, Kitchen, Main living areas and floors).
It is very natural for soap scum, mildew and hard water spots to form on home surfaces. Hard water deposits are alkaline, so an acid-based cleaner is the best way to clean them. What may appear to be hard to clean can really be a simple fix, with these tips.
Here’s a lowdown on a few hard water spots cleaning tips from move in cleaning Overland Park professionals.
You’ll Need- Acid-based or phosphoric acid cleaner, lime scale remover, water and white nylon-backed sponge.
- First and foremost, apply an acid-based cleaner, phosphoric-acid cleaner or lime scale remover to the hard water spot. An acid-based cleaner is the best way to clean them as hard water deposits are alkaline. Phosphoric acid works well and is safe for most surfaces. Grocery store cleansers with phosphoric acid contain 4 to 6 percent acid. You can purchase lime scale removers at janitorial supply stores as well that contain 8 to 12 percent acid which will help to get the job done faster.
- After application, let the acid sit for a few minutes.
- With a white, nylon-backed scrub sponge, scrub the applied areas and rinse the surface thoroughly with water.
- Hard water deposits may be tough which may require more than one application. You can consider a higher concentration of acid which is safe on most household surfaces provided you rinse the surface to remove all traces of the acid after the cleaning is complete.
A very important thing to keep in mind is the fact that prior to applying phosphoric acid solutions to surfaces, read any manufacturer’s warnings.
For house cleaning services in the Overland Park region, you can approach Tidy Up Angels LLC. It is just a matter of a call and the experts will land at your doorstep and carry out the work resulting in you getting a clean and tidy home.
Some of our services include:
Put on Market Cleaning
We specialize in put on market cleaning: we understand the impact a clean home can make as you try to sell your home.
Custom House Cleaning
Designed to provide you with a more detailed level of cleaning. We service your home top to bottom. Everything from blinds, baseboards, ceiling fans, floors, the works!
Move-In House Cleaning
When you are shifting houses, you do not want to live with all the dirt and smell left by the previous occupants of the house. Professionals will work in order for you to find yourself in almost a new house when you move in. The kitchens will be scrubbed, the rooms tidied and the floors polished before you enter your house.
Move-out House Cleaning
Suppose you want to rent your house and would want the new tenants to have a good impression about you, then it is best to approach these services. Specialized cleaning services staff will take care of removing the dust and dirt from your house by using modern equipment. You can expect to create a good impression on your prospective tenants or clients.
Why Tidy Up Angels LLC
Integrity– Integrity is at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers.
Transparency- There is no secrecy to how we arrive at our price. You are in control at every step of the way.
We live by the continuous improvement model. We work tirelessly to figure out ways to add more value to the service we provide. Contact us on 913-642-2006, we have been providing residential cleaning to the Overland Park area since 2008.